One More Disney Day 2016

LizC

Original Poster
Any chance this will happen in 2016? I am booked for Dec. 2015, but some family wants to switch to an end of Feb. beginning March trip. 24hr in Magic Kingdom, which I've never done, would definitely convince me to switch.

Anyone have any guesses?

TIA :)

Edit: I mean to say that the 24hr day would be on leap day 2016 2/29

Last edited:
Usually they like to schedule the 24 hour event on Memorial Weekend, but that could always change. It's always been like that for the past three years.

LizC

Original Poster
Usually they like to schedule the 24 hour event on Memorial Weekend, but that could always change. It's always been like that for the past three years.

I have noticed that as well. I was thinking (wishing) one may be scheduled for leap day, as it was in 2012.

LizC

Original Poster
It could be a possibility... I would wait a little more till there's more details.

It was.

That's what I was thinking too. I as just hoping to get some "expert opinions" from some fellow Disney nerds, as I need to decide soon. 180 days is approaching fast! I googled it a bit, and didn't get much.

Thanks for your responses @AstroBestSonic :)

jerseybabydollx

I just realized 2016 is a leap year just a few days ago. We usually go the last week of February so we were going to go in April instead but I just changed our dates to 2/26-3/5 just incase of One More Disney Day :) I never have experienced a 24 hour event so I'm crossing my fingers on this one!!

WhatJaneSays

The odds of them returning the 24hr event to leap day is fairly low unfortunately. If they do have it on leap day I would expect an official announcement by the end of the year.

LizC

Original Poster
The odds of them returning the 24hr event to leap day is fairly low unfortunately. If they do have it on leap day I would expect an official announcement by the end of the year.
Why do you say this? Do you mean that because it has been so successful in May, they wouldn't change that? Not trying to be argumentative at all, just wondering. I have zero insight as to why WDW does anything so I'm always curious. Thanks!

WhatJaneSays

Why do you say this? Do you mean that because it has been so successful in May, they wouldn't change that? Not trying to be argumentative at all, just wondering. I have zero insight as to why WDW does anything so I'm always curious. Thanks!
The May event is extremely popular, to the point of park closures popular. The "One More Disney Day" on February 29 was a convenient way to test park operations running 24 hours during a traditionally slow season. If it went badly it could leave it as a one off event and consider bringing it back for Leap Days in the future. It ended up going fairly well and was moved to the Friday of Memorial Day weekend as it's Summer kick off event.

There is always a slight chance that they would consider doing a 24 hour event on Leap Day - but people expect it as the Summer kick off.

LizC

Original Poster
The May event is extremely popular, to the point of park closures popular. The "One More Disney Day" on February 29 was a convenient way to test park operations running 24 hours during a traditionally slow season. If it went badly it could leave it as a one off event and consider bringing it back for Leap Days in the future. It ended up going fairly well and was moved to the Friday of Memorial Day weekend as it's Summer kick off event.

There is always a slight chance that they would consider doing a 24 hour event on Leap Day - but people expect it as the Summer kick off.

This is what I thought as well. People would be disappointed if they don't do it in May. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed that one will be announced for Feb. Too.

jessfriends

I haven't heard anything, and I have been looking. I am debating extending my trip to include the 29th if it happens. I have read that 4 years ago it was announced around New Years.

Thank you for the info! I was wondering when they announced it for the event 4 years ago. Wish they would tell us sooner if they will be doing it or not.

LizC

Original Poster
Thank you for the info! I was wondering when they announced it for the event 4 years ago. Wish they would tell us sooner if they will be doing it or not.

Me too!! I am planning on leaving for my trip on 3/1. I haven't booked flights yet (eek!), hoping they announce something soon. I am sure I will cave and book a flight, and then they will announce the following day. :p

LizC

Original Poster
Any chances of them doing 24hr on Leap Day and Memorial Day weekend ? Or is it one or the other

Who knows, I have zero knowledge of why or what Disney does. Maybe someone with more insight will chime in. However, in looking around the internet the past few weeks, since I decided to change my days, I'd say that a lot of people are expecting the Memorial day weekend event. That doesn't mean they won't have the Feb. event too, or instead, we just have to wait and see if it gets announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom