One Man's Dream to become Walt Disney Presents preview center

rob0519

HauntedMansionFLA

from the article "Like its predecessor, the new attraction will continue showcasing historic items from Walt Disney’s history, such as sketches, photos and storyboards."
so sounds like they are taking away part of it.. leaving some..
I really wish they would move all of this stuff to mainstreet Disney world and make a mini museum on the mainstreet in all the parks. Even if replicas. The history of the man should be represented on the street that reminds most of us of him
Great idea. They could move everything over to an area in EPCOT along with footage of Walt's Florida project and educate the younger generation about the man who made all of this possible.

sunsetblvd26

This should be good news for Muppets Courtyard, too. If this is established as the place for previews, Muppetvision should survive for a little longer.
How do you mean? Maybe I'm missing something stupidly obvious but I'm struggling to make the connection.

Jones14

How do you mean? Maybe I'm missing something stupidly obvious but I'm struggling to make the connection.
There was apparently a long(ish) term plan to turn Muppetvision into the place for movie previews at the park. Since One Man's Dream is now officially taking that job over, it bodes well for the Muppets.

Kman101

Sounds great! it's staying, but with a completely different name. ;)

But why can't the Pith of the Jedi theater play the movie sneak peeks(for future Disney releases like Coco, Wrinkle in Time, Incredibles 2, etc.) :bored: (because almost nobody goes inside to see that clip show film)

I agree, Path of the Jedi is a waste. And they also have the theater behind the Launch Bay they could use for movie previews. I know it's out of the way but still (or move Path of the Jedi there, and combine it with whatever was playing in that one) ... lots of other options though I get why they put it in One Man's Dream.

PizzaPlanet

At least they're no longer pretending this is still a tribute to Walt when it clearly isn't. Now the movie previews and meet-and-greets make sense. I hope the Walt film still plays when there aren't any previews to show.
It should stay the same save for the area outside the theatre entrance.
Which is where the NFL model used to reside, correct? Makes sense to put the new models there.

Kman101

They've cut a few things from the Walt exhibit but it's still just about the same. I don't love they added merchandise, character meet and greet and movie previews but I think those things are what's keeping this open (that and a lack of rides in the park). I'm sure the Walt movie will still play when movie previews aren't. At least they've finally gotten around to renaming it for what it's become.

The Empress Lilly

Well at least it sounds like a spiritual successor to the former Walt Disney World Preview Center except it's in HS.
Yes. I also remember how the Walt Disney Story on Main Street became the EPCOT Center Preview Center. Pushing Walt aside, although by presenting what would become of Walt's greatest dream it had good reason.

I remember it because it is where I fell in love with EPCOT. And with UoE.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can't seem to find any info on down time for the update. Does anyone know if and when One Man's Dream will close for the update?

Nothing's really changing except the signage and frontage. OMD has had dioramas of other parks and projects, such as Shanghai. I presume those dioramas (which Walt had nothing to do with) will make way for new dioramas, such as DHS's version of SWGE. The space had already been carved out for a M&G room (Moana, then Star Lord with Baby Groot), and movie previews have been regularly bumping the OMD movie. The historic hallway of Walt memorabilia should remain untouched going by what the Disney Blog is saying.

Goofyernmost

There was apparently a long(ish) term plan to turn Muppetvision into the place for movie previews at the park. Since One Man's Dream is now officially taking that job over, it bodes well for the Muppets.
Except that "plan" was nothing more then fan speculation from the get go based on a reflex reaction about the new marque that was just installed. I don't think Muppetvision was ever in the bulls eye for extinction. At least not recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom