One Little Spark

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Shop Windows on Main Street (Part 1)
6a014e5f914cd8970c01bb07b3d400970d-500wi

This is broken up into two parts (the next one involving the window honors above Main Street USA), but the first windows that have a nice backstory are the shop windows on the first floor of Main Street.

They are relatively lower than your average window in a store...and that's because Walt wanted kids to be able to walk up to the window and look right inside at eye level...so the window's are lower purposely so that kids can do just that!

A little touch where the imagineers were looking out for the kids to make sure they can enjoy all that's available.

brb1006

Shop Windows on Main Street (Part 1)
6a014e5f914cd8970c01bb07b3d400970d-500wi

This is broken up into two parts (the next one involving the window honors above Main Street USA), but the first windows that have a nice backstory are the shop windows on the first floor of Main Street.

They are relatively lower than your average window in a store...and that's because Walt wanted kids to be able to walk up to the window and look right inside at eye level...so the window's are lower purposely so that kids can do just that!

A little touch where the imagineers were looking out for the kids to make sure they can enjoy all that's available.
Seeing the windows in Main Street brings back memories of when the Disney Store miles away from a Mall in my area used to having moving statues of Mickey before they removed it years ago. I was bummed because that always made me excited when I head to the Disney Store which today looks so empty and the merchandise found here aren't as good as it did years ago.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Shop Windows on Main Street (Part 2)
walt-disney-vic-greene-window-main-street-credits2-500x433.jpg

At both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland on the second/third floors of the Main Street facades are acknowledgements and honors to the people who made the parks possible. There's a lot of references and it would be a whole thread to go through them all in detail, but here's a list below so you can find them yourselves on your next trip!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_Main_Street_window_honors

brb1006

While not an atttraction, I heard when your inside MouseGear in Epcot there's a section where you can hear Donald,Webby,Huey,Dewey, and Louie along with Scrooge and Daisy having a conversation upstairs where they are seen working. Not that many guests notice this but here's where I learned about this. I wish there was a video or audio where this can be heard.
http://disneyshawn.blogspot.com/2009/05/making-memories.html

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I forgot this thread existed lol (almost a year old now too)

To add an old spice back into the mix - let's kick this back up. It's a thread about the little things that architects/imagineers put into attractions and Disney parks as a whole that we admire. I remember I tried to go land by land and got tired last time, so if you'd like -- post away some of your favorite subtle features that imagineers have included in WDW and Disney Resorts around the world.

splash-mountain-hidden-mickey.jpg

@Brer Oswald would enjoy this -- Splash Mountain mickey portrait:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom