One Full Day or DL Halloween Party?

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Here are my options - what sounds the best?

Option 1: A full day (open to closing) at DLR on October 16 with the possibility of adding the park hopper option so that I can experience both parks. I am not sure how crowds are in October (this would be a Thursday)? Would it even make sense to buy a hopper or just focus my time on DL and not DCA?

Option 2: Attend the Disneyland Halloween Party on Friday, October 17. However, I do not get off work until 5/6pm that evening and would be leaving from downtown LA to Anaheim (sounds like a disaster even typing it, lol). I have heard of LA traffic but never experienced it.

Thoughts?

GiveMeTheMusic

Option 1: A full day (open to closing) at DLR on October 16 with the possibility of adding the park hopper option so that I can experience both parks. I am not sure how crowds are in October (this would be a Thursday)? Would it even make sense to buy a hopper or just focus my time on DL and not DCA?

Option 2: Attend the Disneyland Halloween Party on Friday, October 17. However, I do not get off work until 5/6pm that evening and would be leaving from downtown LA to Anaheim (sounds like a disaster even typing it, lol). I have heard of LA traffic but never experienced it.

Thoughts?

No contest, do the 16th. You will miss a chunk of the party just trying to get there - Fridays are the worst traffic days of the week by far.

EDIT: What @raven24 said.

PacNWTigger

I say do the full day w/ hopper on the 16th! The Halloween party is great and all, but you would still be able to see all of the wonderful decorations around the park the day before.

If you were able to get there a little earlier on the 17th I would say go for the party, but I don't know if traffic will be kind that day or not. When we went to the Halloween party last year my DH and I got there when the partiers were first being admitted, so we pretty much had full park hours even though we entered around 3pm or so (it could've been 4:00...I honestly don't remember) and left around midnight.

Figments Friend

Thoughts?

If you can only visit for one day, by all means focus on DL only.
Yes, DCA has the impressive Cars Land, but as a WHOLE package, nothing tops the offerings at 'Walt's Park'.
If you wanted to splurge and buy a Hopper option for that one day, it just might be worth it to see Cars Land alone and then hop back over to DL.

From the sounds of it, i think you will get much more 'bang for your buck' if you go with your Option #1.
As fun as the Halloween Party is, you will not have a lot of time to enjoy the Park.
If traffic is ugly ( and it can be horrendous ) you have no real idea of when you will be stepping through to gates to enjoy your evening.

I would choose the full day visit and focus on DL...with maybe a enticement to spend extra to experience Cars Land.
The choice is up to you !

:)

( edit - what everyone above me has already said - go with Option #1 ! )
Have a great time !

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Thank you everyone - I have decided that I will spend the day at only DL on October 16 - I do not have any work commitments that day and will be able to enjoy my time there. DCA sounds fun but I really want to enjoy Walts park. I am not big on tourist attractions in SOCAL (all the Hollywood things, VIP tours - so when I added up the price of what the cost of a Hollywood tour would be to DL - DL wins :) I will check out the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Sign. There is no guarantee that I will ever get back to SOCAL and DL has always been my dream and IN-N-OUT burger :rolleyes: DL here I come!!!

Californian Elitist

Thank you everyone - I have decided that I will spend the day at only DL on October 16 - I do not have any work commitments that day and will be able to enjoy my time there. DCA sounds fun but I really want to enjoy Walts park. I am not big on tourist attractions in SOCAL (all the Hollywood things, VIP tours - so when I added up the price of what the cost of a Hollywood tour would be to DL - DL wins :) I will check out the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Sign. There is no guarantee that I will ever get back to SOCAL and DL has always been my dream and IN-N-OUT burger :rolleyes: DL here I come!!!

Just letting you know, the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Hollywood sign are arguable the most touristy attractions in Southern California.

It's a shame you're skipping DCA. Hope you enjoy your trip.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Just letting you know, the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Hollywood sign are arguable the most touristy attractions in Southern California.

It's a shame you're skipping DCA. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Yes I know that - but I will end up passing right by it. Depending on funds - I may do the park hopper add on. If not, this will give me something to look forward to next time (including the fact I will not be able to see Fantasmic! or the fireworks).

Do you know how crowds will be at both parks on October 16 (Thursday)?

Californian Elitist

Yes I know that - but I will end up passing right by it. Depending on funds - I may do the park hopper add on. If not, this will give me something to look forward to next time (including the fact I will not be able to see Fantasmic! or the fireworks).

Do you know how crowds will be at both parks on October 16 (Thursday)?

Crowds shouldn't be horrible, but just in case, don't expect crowds to be light.

Figments Friend

DCA is worth checking out if just only to experience Cars Land.
That alone , in my opinion, is worth the cost of a 1-day Park Hopper add on to your day ticket.....and that is coming from someone who is not a Pixar fan.

Cars Land is a amazingly themed environment that you can easily spend a hour or two enjoying if you hit all the Attractions and shops.
It is also home to Red's Apple Freeze over at the Cozy Cone ( awesomeness in a cup...especially the first sip! ) and Flo's V8 Cafe, which serves some excellent grub.

:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom