Trip Report One enormous BirthdayversaryPalooza! aka 2 Broke Guys & a dog & Irma COMPLETED

We've been using the "2 Broke Guys" moniker for so long now, we've outlasted the TV show "2 Broke Girls" on which it was based. (Canceled!)

The idea was a year+ of saving Disney Chase Visa points to see if we could go to Victoria & Albert's for our 10 year wedding anniversary completely on their dime - and keeping a running total including additions and withdrawals (for little WDW trips along the way) much like they did at the end of every episode of that TV show - like this:

$1,678.91

And that figure is actually what we have left to spend on our trip - about double what we would need for our V&A dinner! Not to mention: points paid for our 2 AP's, some of our lodging for this trip, and many mini-trips along the way. All that meandering, planning, brainstorming and trip reporting is on this thread:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...table-of-contents.909657/page-43#post-7874545

But that can take awhile. I'll give a little background in another post. Shout out to @dizfan917 for accidentally naming this thread in a post on that one, and to @Tuvalu for inspiring the "mother thread" with links to other thread(s) format.

Also to all those who have been following all this time! As those folks know, I go back and forth between posting with my phone and my laptop, and I'm more comfortable on the laptop. I'm using the phone now, whilst not asleep in Orlando, and anxious to get this first post out of the way before I do something to accidentally make it go poof! I will tag the others in a separate post.

Can't believe we're finally here!!

fractal

lets-go.jpg

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Well, most of the people I intended to tag are already here for the most part! Will summon @BuddyThomas or he might get the paddle. (You'll see.)

My trip reports are usually pretty close to live, just my style. This was originally to be 3 nights at the G.Flo from 9/6 to 9/9. We were married on 9/8/7 so the big 10 is next Friday.

So why are we here now? Hahahahahaaa!!

What would a Tony TR be without a little side trip?

Our AP's expire about a week after the anniversary. We decided to wait awhile before getting new ones, and maybe just pop in for a Christmas party in 2018.

Today is my actual birthday (1971 like WDW.) I've never been here for that, and really wanted to do it. DH, Brian, was instantly on board (such a sweetheart - and also born in 1971.)

So for this very short leg of the trip - my bday portion - it's me, Brian, and this loveable mutt:
IMG_2303.JPG

That's our Kylie. She will be 8 around Halloween.

We didn't want to leave her twice, or for too long, so we brought her on this short trip, stay at La Quinta, bring her to Best Friends Pet Care during the day, and she comes back to the room with us at night, which I love.

She made some friends when we finally arrived around 7pm at BFPC!

IMG_2343.JPG

And then ran right to Daddy to tell me all about it.

IMG_2344.JPG

Those dogs had a blast and wore each other out, which is exactly what you want in that scenario!

Just before, there were 3 other dogs out there, and we approached the fence to see if they were friendly. One with a long, skinny snout bit Kylie right on the nose through the fence! Nothing serious, but we waited for them to leave before entering.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Brian had to work yesterday until around 2 so we didn't get on the road (from Fort Lauderdale) until 4.

I had been diligently checking the mail every day, waiting for my $40 gift card Disney was sending me for listening to a DVC presentation over the phone. It had been almost 30 days, and I was slightly concerned.

Our mail carrier was down the street as we were about to pull out of the driveway, so I decided to wait a minute.

Sure enough:

IMG_2336.JPG

Woo hoo! Great timing, DVC team.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Since it was already late, I thought we'd try to take advantage of the 30% off deal after 8:30. I booked the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs for something not crazy expensive, and a pork dish sounded great. We got there at 8, so started at the bar.

IMG_2345.JPG

Brian had one drink, I had three - in a paddle!

Am I the only one seeing hidden Mickey shapes in the reflection of the chandelier near the top of the pic? Disney magic. :p:cool:

Mine was a flight of bourbon, supposedly 2/3 oz. pour each. On an empty stomach. Lord, I was telling high school stories before we were seated for dinner - even brought one of the glasses with me to finish.

It was yummy and a nice change of pace, but it snuck up on me and hit me pretty hard lol. The Manhattan with dinner didn't help, either!

We stayed at Saratoga Springs once, the horse racing motif reminds me of my Dad, who loved horses - and the track lol. So it was nice to be there on my bday eve. This is the year I turn one year older than he was when he passed.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That's our Kylie. She will be 8 around Halloween.

We didn't want to leave her twice, or for too long, so we brought her on this short trip, stay at La Quinta, bring her to Best Friends Pet Care during the day, and she comes back to the room with us at night, which I love.

She made some friends when we finally arrived around 7pm at BFPC!

img_2343-jpg.225872

Kylie has been to BFPC multiple times now, so I think she should "buy" into it--kinda like a DVC for dogs! :p

Enjoy the remainder of your birthday today! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom