One day Pirates of the Caribbean closure for refurbishment

Goofyernmost

Maybe too late, kinda like maintenance on this attraction, but a one day closure could mean one less day of guests being disappointed by a broken ride. Also, guests have been known to get wet while seated in rows other than the first row, and not just by the initial drop. Okay, on to a relevant question. Which gets fixed first, Yeti or POTC?
PoTC is a classic ride, Yeti is the new kid on the block. It's a no brainer, if any get fixed at all, PoTC will be first.

Sped2424

Honestly pirates needs whatever help it can get. I would be more than fine with it being down for a year. And magic kingdom could survive without the attraction for that long. But will TDO ever let that happen? I don't think so, at least not unless something is catastrophically wrong in there. Also why is ours in far worse shape than disneylands is? Is it really because they slacked off on maintenance that much :0

Bairstow

Honestly pirates needs whatever help it can get. I would be more than fine with it being down for a year. And magic kingdom could survive without the attraction for that long. But will TDO ever let that happen? I don't think so, at least not unless something is catastrophically wrong in there. Also why is ours in far worse shape than disneylands is? Is it really because they slacked off on maintenance that much :0

This makes me wonder:
Would TDO rather let the attraction sit "open" but temporarily closed because it's not working, or actually do a long-term scheduled closing to repair it?
As long as it's supposed to be open they can still advertise its being open and won't have to make an announcement.
Thus, not repairing the ride is their best option. Guests aren't getting in either way, but as long as they don't start fixing the ride they won't have to tell guests that the attraction is broken until after they've entered the park.

GymLeaderPhil

This makes me wonder:
Would TDO rather let the attraction sit "open" but temporarily closed because it's not working, or actually do a long-term scheduled closing to repair it?
As long as it's supposed to be open they can still advertise its being open and won't have to make an announcement.
Thus, not repairing the ride is their best option. Guests aren't getting in either way, but as long as they don't start fixing the ride they won't have to tell guests that the attraction is broken until after they've entered the park.
Indeed. They'd rather blame it on technical difficulties and try to get out as much attendance as they can. They don't have the man power to fix it in house, only band aid it temporarily. If they closed it immediately they would have a hard time over the holidays followed by Splash's annual refurbishment, not to mention the amount of people who have already made FastPass and vacation plans around it. It probably would affect The Pirates League business as well.

Hopefully they have the funding and timing to get it done right. Seeing as all the nearby attractions, aside for maybe Jungle Cruise, have seen some love lately I wouldn't imagine it's far behind. Hopefully Peter Pan too.

wdwgreek

This ride needs a 6 month TLC, when was the last time the AA's were cleaned and polished, or the tracks and ride system stripped and relayed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom