One Day in Disneyland tips

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
I'm heading to a conference in Vegas in June and am swinging by Disneyland for a quick one night visit. I'll have a day...perhaps a day and a half in Disneyland. My last time there was in the 70's and I was knee high to a grasshopper so if anyone has whirlwind visiting tips or must sees please let me know.

I also noticed on the DL site that a couple attractions are under refurb with no finish dates mentioned. One being Alice also Indiana Jones and Nemo. Any info on what's going on or a slim chance that any of these refurbs will be finished soon?

Thanks for your help.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
With the way things are these days, I'd expect those refurbs to get extended vs. finished early. :facepalm: :oops:

If you visit WDW often, you could probably get away with skipping some things, but don't pass by them all! Pirates, Mansion, Toad, Pinocchio, the just-refurbished Thunder, Matterhorn, IASW, Roger Rabbit, and Space are all must-do attractions at DL. I don't see why those would take up a whole lot of time, unless it's a crazy busy day (early-mid June should be OK before everyone's out of school). Are you getting any time in at DCA? You could probably roll through there fairly quickly to see Radiator Springs and the rest of the park.

Have an awesome time!

BubbaQuest

Indy should be open this summer, just standard maintenance. The Subs are closed until at least the end of the year. Alice is finally getting a long delayed remodel to fix some evacuation issues on the upper level. I would expect it to be closed all summer.

Are you just doing DL or are you going to try for DCA too?

gboiler1

Definitely do the experiences unique to California or the attractions that are different. There's a good thread in the DL Forum about differences in the rides. I also enjoy watching Fresh Baked Disney on You Tube. They are in the parks weekly and give you a good idea of what's what.

WishIwasThere

Get there as soon as rope drops, we were able to get Star Tours, BLAB, Autopia, Matterhorn and SM (using FP) done in the first 90 minutes of opening. Or stay until closing. As soon as first Fantasmic was done the park seemed to empty out and we were able to just walk onto rides like JC and Pirates. Use single rider option where you can, more places at DCA have it than DLP.

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
I don't think I'll have time for DCA. While I would like to see Radiator Springs - that's about all I'm interested in there. It's more of a nostalgic trip for me and the cost of the tickets and the limited time make me think that just Disneyland will be the best option.

I'm really looking forward to POTC and Mr Toad. Thanks for all of the help!

GiveMeTheMusic

Indy reopens May 9, Alice reopens July 4, Subs are down till September (at least). Also try and see Fantasmic if it's running on your visit date - it's amazing!

Space Mountain is closed through June 26 as well.

WishIwasThere

I don't think I'll have time for DCA. While I would like to see Radiator Springs - that's about all I'm interested in there. It's more of a nostalgic trip for me and the cost of the tickets and the limited time make me think that just Disneyland will be the best option.

I'm really looking forward to POTC and Mr Toad. Thanks for all of the help!

Make sure you are there before rope drop so you can hit Indy before the crowd builds. Then hit the other big ticket items, likt POTC, Splash, BTMRR, and Matterhorn before noon. You know, for an extra $40 or so, you could make it a park hopper and go do Radiator Springs, knock that out with the single rider line, and I would recommend World of Color over Fantasmic. After WoC then head back over to DL until it closes...and BAM one stellar Disney Day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom