Onboarding and Cast Member Identification Card

Nuslerosh

Original Poster
Quick question. I was hired for an FT Attractions role. I'm going to be flying down to Orlando on the 11th to attend my onboarding appointment and I will be there until the 12th and then I'll fly back home until I have to be down there for Traditions, which is when I'll be down there permanently.

During my time at Disney for the day on onboarding, I was wondering if I'll be able to get into the parks for free or would I have to wait for Traditions to do that? In other words, will I be getting my Cast Member Identification Card at Onboarding or will I get it at Traditions?

Nuslerosh

Original Poster
You will not receive your Company ID until Traditions. However, that no longer grants you access to the parks. Cast Members now have their own Main Gates, which arrive via mail (along with the Guest passes) about one to two weeks after your Traditions date. Until that card comes, no theme park admission.

I was told by some friends I've made on the College Program Facebook group that I could still get in with the ID, I'd just have to go talk to someone before I go into the park and they'll give me a one day park hopper for the day.

Flalex72

Its not that simple. You have to go to a Guest Relation at the turnstiles, explain to them your situation, and they then have to verify your employment status with the Company. Its honestly too much of a hassle. You're better off just waiting the few days after Traditions, like your're supposed to.

This has changed. Last summer, the first day I got my blue card, I went to guest relations and they quickly issued a ticket, which allowed me to book FP+ at the kiosks. Every day after that, I simply walked up to the touchpoints, asked for a guest relations CM, and they swiped the blue card on their iPad for entry. They usually asked how long it had been since traditions, as this cuts off after 2 weeks.

Flalex72

It doesn't FREAKING MATTER! Your blue ID is no longer an appropriate entry method. Just WAIT until your Main Gates come. Learn to follow the rules. I wish they would stop allowing CMs to do that. :rolleyes:

I'd love to know what "rules" you speak of. Clearly, if there is a function on the iPads to swipe an employee ID for the first two weeks, then that is an approved entry method. No guest relations CM ever questioned it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom