On-Ride Audio Commentary

djn4882

Original Poster
I just took the "Marceline To Magic Kingdom" tour, and while much of the trivia regarding several attractions was not new to me, the part I enjoyed most was having our tour guide give us a running commentary in our listening devices as we rode The Haunted Mansion and Carousel Of Progress, pointing out easter eggs, background behind visual effects/theming/storytelling, etc. I was wondering if the WDWMagic Forum dwellers knew of any audio commentary recordings that exist online, that would effectively do the same thing, if I were to listen to it as I ride an attraction. Just like the director's commentary on a DVD, I want to be able to ride an attraction with earphones in, connected to my iPhone, start up a track and have it timed so that as i enter a show scene, I'm hearing someone point out various things to me.

nelsonj3

That would be pretty cool. Maybe I should make some... I don't know of any that currently exist though. I have been trying to think of ideas for more things that I can add to my YouTube channel. (I could do audio only and a black screen so as not to disturb the ride experience)...

djn4882

Original Poster
That would be pretty cool. Maybe I should make some... I don't know of any that currently exist though. I have been trying to think of ideas for more things that I can add to my YouTube channel. (I could do audio only and a black screen so as not to disturb the ride experience)...
another option could be to take a digital voice recorder on the ride, narrate as you're riding, then upload it later as a podcast.

nelsonj3

another option could be to take a digital voice recorder on the ride, narrate as you're riding, then upload it later as a podcast.
That's not a bad idea either. I have actually always wanted to bring along my Jeremy Irons Source Narration and Score mp3 to Spaceship Earth and play it through my Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones so that I can pretend I'm riding the older version of the ride (at least at the beginning, before the major differences start happening). But, I never wanted to carry those headphones in the park. Maybe I'll just bring some earbuds next time.

I have a nice microphone, so maybe I could do a recording of some narration during a ride sometime too.

Bairstow

That's not a bad idea either. I have actually always wanted to bring along my Jeremy Irons Source Narration and Score mp3 to Spaceship Earth and play it through my Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones so that I can pretend I'm riding the older version of the ride (at least at the beginning, before the major differences start happening). But, I never wanted to carry those headphones in the park. Maybe I'll just bring some earbuds next time.

I have a nice microphone, so maybe I could do a recording of some narration during a ride sometime too.

I kind of wish there was an option on the Spaceship Earth touchscreens to select the old Irons narration by entering the right combination of touches, as a kind of "cheat code".
After all, Rip-Ride-Rock-It has hidden music tracks, why not Spaceship Earth?

One of these days I'm going to try listening to an on-ride recording of Indiana Jones and the Forbidden Temple while riding Dinosaur!

Cmdr_Crimson

I kind of wish there was an option on the Spaceship Earth touchscreens to select the old Irons narration by entering the right combination of touches, as a kind of "cheat code".
After all, Rip-Ride-Rock-It has hidden music tracks, why not Spaceship Earth?

One of these days I'm going to try listening to an on-ride recording of Indiana Jones and the Forbidden Temple while riding Dinosaur!

Connect the stars perhaps when chosing your selections? lol..

I've tried the Dinosaur Jones mix.....But, due to the different stops within the ride...It's really screwed up and delays itself...

WDWscope

I have an .mp3 of the Walter Cronkite Spaceship Earth narration on my phone I'll sometimes listen to while on the ride. I've become pretty adept at synching it (it starts right about the time you get your picture taken).

I also stream the parks, rides and shows on the Periscope app, but I try to stay pretty quiet during the attractions as to not bother my neighbors. I think a podcast-style audio commentary would be pretty fun to listen to, especially on dark rides like Pirates, HM and Peter Pan. I'd be worried if a skipper called me out on it at Jungle Cruise though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom