On days that mickeys very merry christmas party questions

Tracy0821

Original Poster
I know it starts at 7pm but how do we know people who havent purchased tickets arent still in the park waiting to go to all these events? Whats to stop anyone else that has regular admission from just hanging out at the magic kingdom after 7 ?
If i buy tickets to mickeys christmas party do i need regular park admission?
When this party is happening are the rides open?
How many tickets do they usually sell for this party? Will lines be outrageous for character meet ?
I dont understand how they can tell who has tickets to this and who just stuck around after the park closes

I know it starts at 7pm but how do we know people who havent purchased tickets arent still in the park waiting to go to all these events? Whats to stop anyone else that has regular admission from just hanging out at the magic kingdom after 7 ?
How many tickets do they usually sell for this party? Will lines be outrageous for character meet ?
I dont understand how they can tell who has tickets to this and who just stuck around after the park closes

The event is a separate ticket if you buy it you get access. When you enter for the event they give you a wristband. As 7pm approaches in several back areas of the park a human fence/wall of cast members is built, they slowly and steadily move towards the entrance expanding where necessary and ask to see said wristband for you to pass through the line of people if you don't have one you are herded Disney style to the front gate and politely asked to leave.

zurgandfriend

As stated above cast members will ask to see your wristband, we have very politely been asked several times, after showing our bands we always get a hardy "Thank You" and some small talk to where to get cocoa and cookies or what rides do we enjoy etc.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Others have covered this one pretty well. You get a separate (not your MagicBand) wristband, which you are required to show typically to go on rides, or M&Gs, or basically just to any cast member that asks. If you do not have a band, you are asked to leave.

As others above have said, the MVMCP event is a separate ticket. The party starts at 7pm, but your ticket to this party only gets you in after 4pm on the day of the party. So, if you have tickets to MVMCP, you cannot enter the park before 4pm without a separate admission ticket.

This page here on the main site has all the info you need about what rides, meet and greets, shows, etc are available during the party
http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mick...-2014-mickey's-very-merry-christmas-party.htm

How many tickets do they usually sell for this party?
I've seen estimates that they limit it to 20,000 tickets. I've never been on a sell-out night, but the nights I've been the crowds feel very low. Rides are typically walk-on. The parades / fireworks are pretty busy though, and that leads to your next question.

Will lines be outrageous for character meet ?
The meet and greets have the longest lines of anything during the parties. I've yet to stand in line for one, so I cannot give you an estimate (though a friend just told me they waited 45 minutes for Anna and Elsa, which is long, but not as long as typical standby).

Lots of cast members looking at wristbands.

JohnD

I have a FP+ that begins at 3:30 so will be entering on my AP. I may get a CM politely asking to see my band before 7pm. Where do I go, other than the front entrance, before 7pm to verify my party ticket and receive a wrist band?

Last edited:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have a FP+ that begins at 3:30 so will be entering on my AP. I may get a CM politely asking to see my band before 7pm. Where do I go, other than the front entrance, before 7pm to verify my party ticket and receive a wrist band?
There are usually a few areas where you can obtain a wristband if you're already in the park.

R W B

The parties are great.....

if you go to one of the other parks at that time. Personally I find them to be an outrageous ripoff. When they were first hosted they were quite awesome - family photos (complimentary if you can believe it), special treats, free commemorative party buttons (we still have ours for the first 3 years).

Now ..... what.... a different parade and WalMart sugar cookies? For how much? $67? Are you out of your mind?

Anyone who went to one of the first MVMCP has to attest that the price/value factor isn't worth what it once was.
I have to fully disagree with you. The "value" of the $67 party changes from family to family. You may see as a waste or not a great value at all but personally, I have no issues spending the $67 on the party and I'm happy with what I get in return which may not be much but its enough for me.

wendysue

The parties are great.....

if you go to one of the other parks at that time. Personally I find them to be an outrageous ripoff. When they were first hosted they were quite awesome - family photos (complimentary if you can believe it), special treats, free commemorative party buttons (we still have ours for the first 3 years).

Now ..... what.... a different parade and WalMart sugar cookies? For how much? $67? Are you out of your mind?

Anyone who went to one of the first MVMCP has to attest that the price/value factor isn't worth what it once was.
Totally agree. We went on Nov. 10 which was sold out. Both parades were wall to wall people that spent much of their night camped out on the curb to get their spot. We really couldn't see much of the parade and the cookies certainly were NOT worth 67.00.

I will say though, that the fireworks were the best we have seen..

I_heart_Tigger

I'm going on Friday. I was hoping the 2nd parade would be less congested but looks like that may not be the case. For this trip it's worth it to me. I'm going with family and friends who have never seen Disney over the holidays so it's a must do for this trip. I agree if you have seen it a number of times that it may not be worth the money but I get to see it this time through the eyes of my Disney loving/Christmas loving sentimental sister and my 13 year old niece so I think it will be pretty special.

laynalee07

I have tickets to go to the party on Dec 9th. That, I have found out is the same day as the taping of the Christmas parade to air on Chirstmas day. Does anyone think that this will be an issue for us?

dreamfinder

The meet and greets have the longest lines of anything during the parties. I've yet to stand in line for one, so I cannot give you an estimate (though a friend just told me they waited 45 minutes for Anna and Elsa, which is long, but not as long as typical standby).

The lines will depend greatly by the character. The 7 dwarfs can still easily have a line of an hour, along with Jack Skellington. Others like Genie and Abu may only be 10-15 mins. And this is one of the few times I have run into roaming characters in recent years, that all had no wait.

MickeyMomV

I have tickets to go to the party on Dec 9th. That, I have found out is the same day as the taping of the Christmas parade to air on Chirstmas day. Does anyone think that this will be an issue for us?
I would probably hit a different park during the day to avoid the heavy crowds and head to the party after 6 or so. But at the same point it might be kind of fun to watch the parade on Christmas day to see if you can see yourself.

Launchpad79

What they normally do is tape everything on the first day. If there is inclement weather during the first day of taping they will carry that over to the 9th. My wife and I took our kids to the MVMCP last year on the 8th (the second day of taping). We arrived at 3:30 and they started letting people in close to 4. The party was GREAT with barely any lines for rides. Crowds were pretty big for the first parade and fireworks, but they were manageable.
For those of you who are contemplating buying a ticket the party, please don't let anyone scare you into not buying one. The cookies may not be worth $67, but the fairly low crowds and being able to walk on to rides (we rode space mountain 3 times in 30 minutes) plus meet and greets with rare characters, make the ticket well worth it. Hope this helped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom