Omg, wait 'till you hear this!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Hmm... what if a new SVP of P&R created a mentoring program for VPs staffed with Tokyo and Old Time execs being mentored in Tokyo/DLR and then given Carte Blance to fix TDO.

While I'm at it: Some suggestions
Reduce the college program and international program rolls by 70%-80% and rely more on full time employment at all levels of the resort(no more Phils)

Curtail the cubicle farms(already being done according to Lutz)

Pay lower level employees a living wage with benefits.(like they used to)

Return to the culture of treating every guest like a VIP.

Impose a strictly enforced dress code.

Kill DDP and discounting.

Increase maintenance staffing and funding and make sure they can communicate problems to the VPs directly.
I will go with everything but getting rid of DDP which we like for ourselves personally. I think the biggest change should be no FREE DDP.

Uncle Lupe

But they would flood the parks with cheaply made and overpriced merchandise. The merchandise "worth" would be reinforced with countless limited editions.

trr1

Before I begin, let me start by saying that I have joked around here a lot, and that I will continue to joke around in the future, such as the prank I plan on pulling on April Fools Day. What I am writing today is honestly serious.

I was at my mom's house during the day to supervise a Comcast technician who was scheduled to come out to fix her cable TV and Internet service. While working, I asked him about if he knew about Comcast's recent announcement to invest $1.5 billion into USO attractions. He was stressed out that Comcast is making that investment, while not giving Comcast workers pay increases. I brought up Disney how WDW is on the opposite path. Here's where it gets interesting...

He asked me if I knew why Disney is letting maintaince at the parks go downhill. I rambled off a bunch of random guesses - all wrong.

He said it's because Disney plans on selling the parks to the Chinese, at which point I changed the subject to LucasFilm and Star Wars - my way of being in denial, as what he said began to soak in.

Then I thought about it. The Chinese parks are better operated than the US parks and they are owned and operated by a partnership with the Chinese. It is not a stretch to include the US parks under that or a similar partnership that would also operate the US parks - if the Chinese are willing to pay for it!

From Bob Iger's POW, this would be a win-win deal because a great amount of cash is injected into the company and the parks would be better managed. If true, I have really mixed feelings about it!

wow april 1st came early !!!!! lol

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I'll play.

If Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong are run so much better then WDW why wouldn't we want that kind of partnership here?
WDW, DLR, and DLP are run by Disney. TDL is run by Oriental Land Co. The Chinese parks are run by Chinese partnership, which is subject of what I am discussing here.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
And those of you who already know that I'm planning something for April 1st better not say something at that time and spoil it for everyone!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I'm sure the Government of Hong Kong enjoys being lumped in with state-owned companies on the Mainland.
Hong Kong is part of the Chinese government.
I seriously think what you wrote was honest. However I honestly don't think your Comcast guy was serious. If he was, then perhaps his sources seriously hadn't been completely honest with him. If Disney was seriously considering selling the parks to China, a Comcast installation man wouldn't honestly be the most serious source for such information. Honestly.
I agree. He was serious, though. He said other things I don't agree with and didn't repeat here as these other things would make him sound less credible. He said also that Comcast controls CBS and that Ted Turner controls Time Warner. I told him that Viacom owns CBS-Paramount, but he insisted that Comcast has unformal control over them. I told him Ted Turner sold out to Time Warner, but he said that deal made Turner one of Time-Warner's biggest stock holders and that he actively uses his shares to influence the company.

Possible. But who knows?

sublimesting

I will say that having worked "out in the adult world" that one never knows what nefarious plots and schemes "corporate" is cooking up. Even if they do begin to go through with one of their crack pot initiatives they seldom finish the job. Exceutives are a wishy washy lot they are. That's why I never put any credence into anything any employee says.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
FYI: You can quote separate people in the same response instead of doing 8 different replies :)
Can you do this with Safari on an iOS device without spending a lot of time hacking up the message? If so, how? I was wondering about that! Thanks!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I will say that having worked "out in the adult world" that one never knows what nefarious plots and schemes "corporate" is cooking up. Even if they do begin to go through with one of their crack pot initiatives they seldom finish the job. Exceutives are a wishy washy lot they are. That's why I never put any credence into anything any employee says.
And yet somehow they justify their huge salaries... Go figure

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Before I begin, let me start by saying that I have joked around here a lot, and that I will continue to joke around in the future, such as the prank I plan on pulling on April Fools Day. What I am writing today is honestly serious.

Just so you are aware- the admin and mods don't appreciate April fools gags. So more than likely you'll be wasting your time because one of us will either delete it or move it to chit chat. We are absolutely inundated with phoney news and rumors that day and its stupid and unnecessary. It may seem fun to the person posting but it's nothing but a hassle for us to deal with 100 nonsense threads.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I would seriously advise against that.
Please pardon our dust. The prank is hereby cancelled. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor...

Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times...

Please watch your step...

Had this had been actual emergency...

Please send all complaints to Guest Relations, located at the Town Hall building on Main Steet USA...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom