OMG.. OMG .. OMG. Pirates of the Caribbean Shanghai Disney

Chef Mickey

To be honest, I watched this yesterday and my jaw dropped. Sometimes, I didn't even know what I was watching, but it looked extremely cool.

If I can be a little critical, it seems heavily reliant on projections, screens, and not "real" animatronics. I think that's perhaps a little too techy, but I literally might make a trip to Shanghai just to see this in person.

IT makes you realize how amazing they can make attractions with the correct vision, resources, and want to. I don't think the video does it justice either.

Darth Figment

Original Poster
To be honest, I watched this yesterday and my jaw dropped. Sometimes, I didn't even know what I was watching, but it looked extremely cool.

If I can be a little critical, it seems heavily reliant on projections, screens, and not "real" animatronics. I think that's perhaps a little too techy, but I literally might make a trip to Shanghai just to see this in person.

IT makes you realize how amazing they can make attractions with the correct vision, resources, and want to. I don't think the video does it justice either.
Yes you are right , looks like alot of projection, but still very awsome , i would like to see it in person , probably never will

bethymouse

Well... it is awesome!:) But, I would still miss the old animatronics and the song "Yo Ho... A Pirate's Life For Me". :( The drop seems pretty cool though.:cool: It just seems like you're riding through the movie ( screens).:( Now... how can Disney World keep the classic, yet add new elements of the new movies? Don't think they can. They'd have to have two "sides" to the Pirates attraction, and give folks a choice. But, of course most people would choose to ride both.:D

Chef Mickey

There's a (great) restaurant inside Disneyland's original (vastly superior to WDW's all around) version of Pirates.
The restaurant you speak if is Blue Bayou and is very overrated (for me). I have eaten there 3 times and each time, the food has been subpar (overcooked shrimp, not warm enough, just overall subpar food) and all 3 times terrible service. I went back 2 additional times because it has some good reviews, but I will never go back.

The service was so bad one time, it was the first time I ever asked for at a manager Disney restaurant to complain. I also voiced my concern over email and was given 50% off my meal.

As far as the ride, I actually prefer the WDW version because the queue is better and perhaps I'm just biased to what I've ridden hundreds of times versus maybe 20-30.

No Name

This is being talked about in the Shanghai forums across the site. But it's good to have it here too, I guess. Extra exposure for something that definitely deserves it.

Looks great on video. Wonder how it compares in person. From what we've heard, people love it.

Wdw62114

Although the tech is insanely cool with the projectors and screens, I prefer they dont change from the current version at WDW. I love the nostalgic old Disney tech experience on Pirates. Some rides just don't need to rely on the latest and greatest tech to be a cool and immersive experience. Same with Haunted Mansion, leave it the way it is!

FettFan

Not me on video.. i dont know how many people seen this . Its my 1st

As I stated on Inside The Magic's Facebook page.... what a total waste. They're going the Universal route by having everything projected onto a screen.
The sad thing is that the instances where they DO have animatronics, it's really quite impressive, some of the best AA figures Disney has ever produced (and a nice Submarine Voyage/20,000 Leagues shout-out with the pair of fighting lobsters).....but unfortunately, it's all screens and projectors.

So as "pretty" as this is, Disneyland Paris STILL has the best PotC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom