OMG I am 5 months behind in planning.

arielrose

So my husband and I have gone to WDW quite a few times. We were planning on going to Disneyland in September. I have never been. Now he is talking about going to WDW instead with only 73 days to plan. Sadly I feel more prepared to plan a last minute WDW trip than a trip to Disneyland. However we have always stayed value resorts. They are mostly booked. Any suggestions for moderate resorts?

21stamps

So my husband and I have gone to WDW quite a few times. We were planning on going to Disneyland in September. I have never been. Now he is talking about going to WDW instead with only 73 days to plan. Sadly I feel more prepared to plan a last minute WDW trip than a trip to Disneyland. However we have always stayed value resorts. They are mostly booked. Any suggestions for moderate resorts?

I planned both of my last trips with less than 65 days. You can do it!
Best part - it doesn't give you as much time to obsess and change :)

POFQ is the only moderate I have stayed at, I enjoyed it. Maybe check there?

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I have done it on 3 weeks and we rarely do dining more than a few weeks in advance so you should be good with that.

As for mods, I have done them all. My least favorite was CBR. Most favorite was CSR followed very closely by POR. FQ is fine but not my thing.

That said these are personal thoughts.... I will say I enjoy the moderates more than values so hopefully you will too!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Arielrose...Disney fans are like boy scouts...always prepared, for anything! IF you do not HAVE TO stay on property, I would suggest going to visitorlando.com and look at their Good Neighbor Hotel list. I would suggest Clarion Lake Buena Vista, stayed there before and will in May 2018. comfortable rooms 2 pools, bar, restaurant, deli, convenience store and game room! $69.99 plus taxes this includes BREAKFAST! Totla would be $551.18, but if you want to save even more try amoma.com You can get the same room with breakfast for $455.00 plus tax should be around $511.88, that saves ya a little. Clarion is close to Disney Springs you could walk if ya wanted! :) If not try otel.com There for the same rom WITH taxes and breakfast is $450.26 Also try visitorlando.com for your tickets, I found them to be the cheapest of all the places I have searched! If ya need any help just ask!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Weve booked a last minute trip with very little preplanning before and things worked out fine. If youve been to WDW before you can still get a lot accomplished because you are still more knowledgable of how things work and how to get around than the majority of other guests. We enjoy the quieter POFQ with the boat access to DS and easy walking distance to PORS.

Upvote 0

arielrose

Original Poster
We are looking at Port Orleans. My only concern is multiple bus stops. I hated that when we stayed at All Stars forever ago. We have been staying at AoA and loved not having to stop anywhere else. Is it faster since there are less people at each stop?

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We are looking at Port Orleans. My only concern is multiple bus stops. I hated that when we stayed at All Stars forever ago. We have been staying at AoA and loved not having to stop anywhere else. Is it faster since there are less people at each stop?
The bus transportation has gotten better. Mornings we usually headed directly to the parks. At times usually in the afternoons they ran through the PORS stops first before heading to the parks.

Upvote 0

arielrose

Original Poster
Why did you decide against Disneyland? I took my family there a little over a year ago and we loved it.
Unfortunately there are no airlines that fly direct from anywhere near us, so we would have to switch planes which I hate. Flights are also WAY cheaper to WDW. Plus both my husband's sisters live near Orlando. So we spend less money and get to see family. I say we spend less money but really I will just spend extra on food and souvenirs.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Unfortunately there are no airlines that fly direct from anywhere near us, so we would have to switch planes which I hate. Flights are also WAY cheaper to WDW. Plus both my husband's sisters live near Orlando. So we spend less money and get to see family. I say we spend less money but really I will just spend extra on food and souvenirs.
That's a much better use of money than extra on flights! :)

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

That makes sense then. We probably spent less on our Disneyland trip than we do on a trip to Disney World.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom