Oldest Cast Member?

cba

Original Poster
Does anyone know how old the oldest Cast Member is? I think it might be interesting to know.

steviej

I worked in innoventions with a guy who'd been with disney since day 1, I think he might be the only cm with a 40 years of service pin. But he was only in his 50's or 60's I believe, so I'm sure they're older cm's

Nemo14

At the PO Mardi Gras parade last year we saw these two:

Febvacation2012059.jpg

Gt2BtheGoodLife

I worked in innoventions with a guy who'd been with disney since day 1, I think he might be the only cm with a 40 years of service pin. But he was only in his 50's or 60's I believe, so I'm sure they're older cm's

There's a pretty big handful of 40-year CM's, one of which is Phil Holmes who is the VP of Magic Kingdom, he opened Haunted Mansion :)

nbgrif4060

I actually met the oldest cast member in Disney this past January... We stopped and talked with him for awhile (about 20 minutes) and he shared with us his story. He is 92 years old and was working at Animal Kingdom. He was riding a scooter and was stationed near the tigers. He was a very friendly guy that had great stories/advice on life. You could tell he really loved what he was doing. I am heading back to the world tomorrow and I will try to find him again to get a picture!

kings&giants

I actually met the oldest cast member in Disney this past January... We stopped and talked with him for awhile (about 20 minutes) and he shared with us his story. He is 92 years old and was working at Animal Kingdom. He was riding a scooter and was stationed near the tigers. He was a very friendly guy that had great stories/advice on life. You could tell he really loved what he was doing. I am heading back to the world tomorrow and I will try to find him again to get a picture!
I will look for him in Nov!

jkl2000

There's a pretty big handful of 40-year CM's, one of which is Phil Holmes who is the VP of Magic Kingdom, he opened Haunted Mansion :)

LOL! I never thought of the Disney executives as CMs. I hope the CEO of Disney knows that his "show" must always be on when customers are around.

stuart

There used to be a guy at Chef Mickeys who iced cup cakes a table with goofy near to the steps down to the restrooms. He looked, at the very least, to be in his mid 80s.

MOXOMUMD

We had a CM greeter at POR who talked to us while we were waiting for the DME. He said he was in his early 70's, retired and moved to Florida. Then he got bored and started working for WDW.

CaptainShortty

Maybe Richard? His unofficial title is "train conductor" at the GF. He stays with all the brides and carries their dress train during photos! I hope he is still there. I love him!!!:D
IMG_3012.JPG

Richard is still there carrying bride's trains 5 days a week and enjoying every minute of it. He's been at the Grand since the day it opened as was just recognized with a Disney Legacy award this year and as a founding member of the Grand since they celebrated their 15 year anniversary this year.

I don't know how old the oldest CM is but the oldest as far as Disney senority on this coast is a man named Dwight who works at the Wide World of Sports Complex. He was just given his 50 year pin and honored as the longest serving Disney CM to date. He began in Disneyland and transferred to Disney World to open MK.

Disneykidder

I thought of Richard, too. I was at the Grand a couple of weeks ago and there he was...looking all cute and chipper in his suit talking away to guests. :joyfull:

Jakester

Reviving an old thread.

I have encountered a Cast Member at Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort at the Old Port Royale who usually works mornings who's been there I believe 25years (may be wrong) and he's in his 90s. He has talked to me about how the Food Court seating has changed throughout the years. He usually only busses tables.

I won't name the CM out of due respect for his privacy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom