Old packages vs. new packages

longfamily

Original Poster
Every time we go to disney, we purchase a package. Usually it is the equavilent of the platinum add on. The package used to be called the grand plan. The GP had everything the platinum has except that 225 restuarants participated in the food portion, you got desserts and goodies with your fireworks cruise, and during your stay you would go back to your hotel at the end of the day and all kinds of surprises were waiting for you like a chocolate portrait card thanking you for staying, or the chocolate and nut basket for arriving. Now with the platinum add on that stuff is gone. Of course you still spend the same amount of $$$. So what happened? Last time we went we didn't even get cute little wash cloth animals:cry: Was it just us or did anyone else find any changes?

Pioneer Hall

Times change, and Disney obviously finds it cost effective for them to do what they are doing. Unfortunately it works this way for a lot of things. They cut back on the benefits and charge you the same (or more) for what you are getting. Sorry to hear your dissapointment.

s25843

longfamily said:
Last time we went we didn't even get cute little wash cloth animals:cry:

This depends on housekeeping. Sometimes you get someone who will make the animals etc.. and sometimes you won't.

Where did you stay on your last visit?

WDWScottieBoy

longfamily said:
Last time we went we didn't even get cute little wash cloth animals:cry: Was it just us or did anyone else find any changes?

I've never done a package and have I believe three of these animals at home on my dresser now. I know I have an owl and a peacock for sure, but can't remember what the other one is. I don't think that's a package thing, just something housekeeping does.

m star

We got an alligator and a monkey at the Poly, we did not have a package. I think it just depends on your housekeeping staff.

longfamily

Original Poster
We stayed at the poly for our last visit, concierge level. No animals or fun suprises :cry: Also, when stuff that we had bought was delivered to our room, it was just placed inside the door. During other vacations the bags were usually placed methodically to draw attention, I'm assuming to heighten excitement value...which is the Disney way. Maybe the Poly was to busy (low season)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom