Old Magic Bands New Nonresort Stay

Disney Stine

Original Poster
Hey guys, sorry if this has already been asked. Please link me to that thread if need be.

I have a stay off site coming up in less than a month. I have old magic bands from stays on site. I know magic bands can be reused, but can they be reused if you are staying off site? If so, how do you do this? My magic bands are showing as "Active" on My Disney Experience, but I only have tickets and fastpasses for this upcoming trip, obviously no Disney resort linked.

Thank you!

Rob562

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been asked. Please link me to that thread if need be.

I have a stay off site coming up in less than a month. I have old magic bands from stays on site. I know magic bands can be reused, but can they be reused if you are staying off site? If so, how do you do this? My magic bands are showing as "Active" on My Disney Experience, but I only have tickets and fastpasses for this upcoming trip, obviously no Disney resort linked.

Thank you!

As long as the Bands and tickets are linked to the same account, you can use the Band for park entry and FP+. Also for Photopass photo linking.

Charging purchases are not available though.

-Rob

Disney Stine

Original Poster
I have two magic bands which are listed as active. Do I need to specify which one to link the tickets to, or simply deactive the others? Also, would I still need to pick up a physical ticket before entering the park or will it automatically be on the band, allowing me to just go to the turnstiles? Thank you for any information you may have!

Jahona

If the tickets are active on the same account with the MagicBands then you could use either band you have active. You only need to worry about deactivating bands when you have more than 5 active or if you loose a band.

Rob562

I have two magic bands which are listed as active. Do I need to specify which one to link the tickets to, or simply deactive the others? Also, would I still need to pick up a physical ticket before entering the park or will it automatically be on the band, allowing me to just go to the turnstiles? Thank you for any information you may have!

If you specified that you'd pick the tickets up at Will Call and you already have a MagicBand (or Bands) active on the same account, then there's no need to stop at Guest Services. You can walk up to the gate and use your Band.

The only time you'd need to go to Will Call would be if you didn't have a Band and need them to issue you a physical ticket card to use, or if the tickets are a special discount (like DVC, Florida Resident or military) that would require you to show proper ID to activate them.

And as mentioned, you can use either Band interchangeably. Nothing is actually linked to a particular Band. They're stored on your account and each Band is just a "pointer" to your account.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom