OLD KEY WEST- QUICK SERVICE?

Disneymom418

Original Poster
We were considering staying here rather than POFQ, however, it seems their quick service is all outdoors??? Is there any indoor seating for QS?

Rinx

Unfortunately, no. Even though we always stay there we only get QS food if we are spending time at the pool or taking it to go back to the room. Because of pool crowds at certain times of day, it can be very busy and slow.

Phonedave

There is barely outdoor seating, let alone indoor seating. I suspect that when OKW was conceived (as the first DVC resort - in fact that is what it was originally called) they assumed that with kitchens, people would be doing more cooking in their rooms. Clearly this is not the case. The lack of any real quick service option, and a bar that holds about 7 people is part of why I don't like OKW that much.

The QS window at OKW is not even a "full kitchen". The have a limited offering, and somtimes run of out items.

You could alwyas take your QS food into the lobby if you had to , but that really is not an ideal solution.

-dave

micknminnie

This is the only reason why we were not crazy about this resort. There were plenty of times when the window was busy and we waited a while for food.

Courtney6682

If you go during winter they have heat lamps set up. We stayed there Feb 2014 and eating outside was fine. They also pretty good bloody mary's ;)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
There is barely outdoor seating, let alone indoor seating. I suspect that when OKW was conceived (as the first DVC resort - in fact that is what it was originally called) they assumed that with kitchens, people would be doing more cooking in their rooms. Clearly this is not the case. The lack of any real quick service option, and a bar that holds about 7 people is part of why I don't like OKW that much.

The QS window at OKW is not even a "full kitchen". The have a limited offering, and somtimes run of out items.

You could alwyas take your QS food into the lobby if you had to , but that really is not an ideal solution.

-dave

It's always been a head scratcher for me that they never addressed this. Maybe there aren't as many complaints about it as you'd think? I know I've complained.

My biggest issue with OKW is the lack of a proper pool bar. And seeing what they did at Wilderness Lodge makes the lack of one even more glaring.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The QS at OKW is a joke. I think Minnies Dockside at DHS has more offerings.

Disneyfreak Jen

The only table service at OKW is Olivia's. I stayed in the Turtle Pond Rd section and had QS from the Turtle Shack Snack bar while at the pool. They had salads, pizza, beer, frozen pina colada's (also offered a virgin drink), etc. If you look up the OKW site you should be able to pull up the menus from the pool areas.
I also had a burger and fries from the QS up near the lobby, it was good.

DABIGCHEEZ

Although I'm not 100%, I am pretty sure all rooms at OKW are bigger. The Goods to Go QS menu(at the main pool) is pretty typical for a QS that is not a food court... Bugers, soups & Salads, Sandwiches, Fries , Onion Rings and other Snacks and desserts. Seating is definitely limited to maybe 6(?) picnic tables. We usually order lunch and eat at our table/seats by the pool or we will order and grab it as we are heading back to our room. It does seem to take a little extra time then it should, but like I said we are at the pool so an extra 5 minutes isn't a real big deal. It should not discourage anyone from staying here... OKW is a great resort. We do not have any experience with the Turtle Shack Snack Bar. We are not ones who hang out at the bar, but if that is very important to you...I'd stay somewhere else(the bar is very small). Olivia's TS is a very good restaurant though... definitely give it a try if you stay here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom