1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Old Key West bus service

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by Mom2Em, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Mom2Em

Mom2Em New Member

Hi! We just rented DVC points at OKW... I have been reading horror stories about the bus service... Please give me your opinions and experiences... Also the Unofficial Guide said it was limited after 6pm... Please explain...
    Thanks in advance!!

Jan
  2. hakunamatata

hakunamatata churro vigilante Premium Member

We have never stayed at OKW, but have stayed at SSR. The bus service at the DVC resorts tends to seam like it takes a little longer, but that is likely due to there being a number of stops in each resort. I would be interested to read the reviews your are referencing.
  3. Mom2Em

Mom2Em New Member

Thank you for your response... I had read reviews on Yahoo and Tripadvisor... then picked up the latest Unofficial Guide, which just confused me... Don't misunderstand me, I will be at WDW... I don't care if I have to ride a camel to get to the parks but I am just trying to allot time in my planning... :animwink:
  4. hakunamatata

hakunamatata churro vigilante Premium Member

I think there may also be boat service to DTD from OKW......and maybe the Studios, but Im not sure about the Studios.
  5. slappy magoo

slappy magoo Well-Known Member

DTD yes. Studios, no. Only the "Epcot resorts" have ferry service to the Studios. Boardwalk, Y&B, Swan and Dolphin.

I've never stayed at OKW, so I can't say good or bad about their bus service. Worse comes to worse, you can always wind up renting a car. There's an Alamo/National rental center near the MK. I think, Guest Services would help you with your rental, and you would either get picked up and brought to your car, or the car would be brought to you.
  6. alphapop

alphapop New Member

We stayed at OKW in June. Busses run about every 20 minutes. The bus route goes to the Lobby last, so the bus was full a couple of times and some people were unable to get on. Other than that, it wasn't bad at all.