Okies Invade Orlando . . . PRETRIP Oct 20-28

This is my first trip report however have read many over the years. I was inspired by Fractal and Peoplemover (loved your reports)!
I am 35 years old and love organizing and planning for WDW! Me, my DH (32) and DS (5) are from the proud state of OKLAHOMA and will be making the trip by plane on the 20th out of TUL. We will have a short stop at STL then continue on to MCO. This is my 6th trip, DH 7th and DS 4th!

Just to make it clear, yes we do have cars, no we don't ride on horseback everywhere and I don't even own a pair of cowboy boots.:) In fact we, as a state, have computers and electricity, LOL!:ROFLOL:

Our ADR include some favorites and newbies! O'hana x3, Kona Cafe, (staying at the Polynesian, first time!) San Angelo Inn, Nine Dragon, TREX cafe, SciFi Diner, Tusker House and Chef Mickey's. We plan to attend 2 MNSSHP on Sunday and Tuesday, hoping the crowds will be at a minimum.

As I mentioned before I am a BIG planner and HUGE fan of WDW. I am probably the most excited in the family. I know I probably get on my DH nerves at times :)
I have printed out my meticulous packing lists. I am a big packer and often have trouble with the 50lb. weight limit, LOL! Thankfully we will fly SW so bags fly FREE and I get 2 bags!!

We will be using FLTOURS to transfer us to our resort. We have used them before and they have wonderful service, clean cars and friendly drivers.:wave:
I have ordered some necessities from Garden Grocer. Really, I cannot say enough about the service they provide. They are great to communicate with and have a large selection. We always order some water, juice, chocolate milk, etc . . . They even let me change one of my selections after placing my order with no problem or hiccups. CHECK THEM OUT!!:sohappy:

While we are in WDW we will be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary and DH birthday. Our son is excited to stay at the Neverland Club, after seeing photos, while we have an anniversary dinner.

I hope to write a TR upon return and maybe I will even figure out how to post a few pics! Til then, have a MAGICAL day!

twinfo3728

Original Poster
Here we are 65 hours out until take off, most of the packing list is complete. Confirmations double checked. Little dog is packed and ready to go to GiGi's.
This is were I start getting nervous about forgetting something, even with all my lists. Still if I don't pack it, I'll just buy at the World!
Plan on running to the store tonight for any last minutes items ie, freeze spray for my hair!
Need to finish up the surprise gift for my son so he will be entertained on the plane.
Looks like it will be near freezing here on Thursday . . .

Not to many other Oklahomans on here, good to find someone else! Have a great trip and I look forward to reading your report when you return.

fractal

Have a great trip! Looking forward to the full report and how you made out with Garden Grocer.

May I ask why you are not using Magical Express to take you to the resort?

twinfo3728

Original Poster
Not to many other Oklahomans on here, good to find someone else! Have a great trip and I look forward to reading your report when you return.

Thank you very much! I see you are from the Stillwater area. We live about 45 minutes East, so we are almost neighbors! It is hard to find a lot of Okies who share our Passion for WDW. Thanks for being here!:ROFLOL:

twinfo3728

Original Poster
Have a great trip! Looking forward to the full report and how you made out with Garden Grocer.

May I ask why you are not using Magical Express to take you to the resort?

We have used Garden Grocer in the past and they are great! Yes, their minimum is $40 but by the time you figure a bottle of water at $3 each, it starts to get crazy. Plus we still carry a backpack for our DS, just incase. We freeze a couple of bottles and toss them in the bag for later.

Our first ME experience was not very Magical ... We were the last ones off the bus. Rode on the ME on property for about an hour not including from the airport. Future husband got bus sick and we have taken a private car ever since. The sickness may not have all the bus, because later he asked me to marry him therefore nerves could have also been a factor.

I loved your TR. I checked it daily for updates!

twinfo3728

Original Poster
Last work day for me this week. I plan on spending tomorrow with my son's class at the pumpkin patch! Then we are off to Orlando on Thursday!!:sohappy:

Still have some packing to do. I believe I have everything. Now to get it into suitcases. Plus straightening the house back up. I hate coming home to a dirty house. Lots to do but cannot wait to see WDW, WOOT! WOOT!

Fractal: I did reply but it said it has to go to a mediator for approval? Anyone know what that means?

Also any suggestions on some great Quick Services? We have experienced Casey's Corner, Orange Blossom, Cosmic Rays but looking to try something new... any suggestions??:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom