Ok so what things do you refuse to pay for that you'd actually like to do?

gwhb75

I would like to do one of the magic kingdom tours, where they tell you all the details and about the park and personal walt disney stuff. But ,,, it is $$$$ i "think"its about 120-140 $ perperson . But i am gonna do fireworks and dessert next time we go .

It depends on the tour. We're doing the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour this year and it worked out to around $30/person with the DVC discount.

MississippiBelle

This. I know that eventually we will stay in all of the resorts and we're working our way towards the deluxe resorts. However, when I think that all we're going to do is sleep, shave, shower and sh......well, you know. That kinda makes it hard to embrace shelling out that much dough.

I've stayed at moderates and deluxe WDW resorts. I much prefer the deluxe for many reasons. We tend to relax on the balcony with a coffee in the a.m. or an adult beverage in the p.m. After many, many years rooming at motels with sports teams, I prefer the hotel over motel experience now. And the locations, for the most part, are better also.

As for things I wouldn't splurge on? DVC. Most everything else is on the "try it once, maybe, someday" list.

I've seen quite a few people say here that they wanted to stay at a Deluxe hotel or were thinking about it. For the past 6 or 7 years, we normally save up and stay at a Deluxe resort (granted we've only been 2 or 3 times in those years). It's definitely worth it if you want to save up and splurge on the hotel! We've stayed in the Grand Floridian back when AAA had great discounts for members, but this coming trip we are staying at the Beach Club. The hotel is one of my favorite parts of the trip and having a good view for the morning coffee is a great way to start the day! I would definitely recommend everyone do it at least once. Now excuse me, I have to go take a dip in my money filled swimming pool. ;)

Rogue21

. . . but this coming trip we are staying at the Beach Club. The hotel is one of my favorite parts of the trip and having a good view for the morning coffee is a great way to start the day! I would definitely recommend everyone do it at least once. Now excuse me, I have to go take a dip in my money filled swimming pool. ;)

Stayed at the Beach Club on my last trip during F&W Fest - loved it! I had a "garden" view room and could see some of the fireworks over top of the jungle, uh, garden. The easy walk to Epcot and leisurely stroll to DS was worth the expense, at least for this particular trip.

I've also had the privilege of staying at AKL, the Poly and Wilderness Lodge. (As well as Dixie Landings/Port Orleans.) Now, excuse me, I need to go dip a piggie in my puddle of pennies. :D

BrittanyRose428

I've put off doing any kind of fireworks cruise, but I think if we had enough friends going who would split it that wouldn't be bad. I don't like to pay for the Christmas party. I like the party, don't get me wrong, but if I'm on a budget I could do without it. I'd also like to stay deluxe every trip, but I know that isn't realistic at the moment.

Princess_AmyK

$125 but they have a Lunch & Launch special and take $25 off..
http://www.theboathouseorlando.com/amphicar/

Holy guacamole!
There goes that idea..

nvrmnd.gif

Wdw62114

I would love to experience the chefs table at V&A but I hear its like $800 with tax and tip for 2 people. 13 course meal custom made by the executive chef sounds like heaven.

Chef Mickey

If you really wanted to do it, you'd pay for it regardless of price. If you're not doing it, you want kind of want to do it, but not enough to pay for it. That's pretty much how it works for everything.

The job of any for profit company is to extract as much of the consumer surplus as possible.

Example: You are really thirsty and you want a Coke, pretty bad. You see Disney has a coke for $3. You buy it. After that first sip, you say...man, I would have paid $5 for this. That means there is $2 in consumer surplus.

Conversely, if you see the Coke for $3 and are only willing to pay $2 at the moment, you didn't want it that badly.

wdwfan22

If it's something we want to do then we pay for it. Vacation is about having fun and doing what you want to do.

danyoung56

If you can afford it.

I like to have a bit more money on hand than I think I'll need. That way, when those cool things come along, I can go ahead with it and not worry about making rent the next month.

Simba's Mom

There's some breakfast safari experience at AKL, which includes breakfast at Boma. I'd love it, but not $240 worth. I'd also be interested in Brunch at California Grill. Once I got a bonus at work and did the Wanyama Safari with it, so I can always dream of another bonus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom