Ohana Parking

collegesam

Original Poster
I am a WDW vet, but this is the first time I'm doing all the planning. I am staying off site for once and have a dinner scheduled for Ohana's on 2-11-06 at 8:20 pm. I am going to Epcot that day. I was wondering, should I leave my car at Epcot and ride the monorail to dinner, or drive to the Polynesian hotel?

righttrack

If you are going back to Epcot, or a somewhere that is a monorail stop, after Ohana, then, I'd say leave your car. If you're returning to your resort, or going to Downtown Disney, then I'd say drive.

crazycalf

I would drive to the Poly.
By the time you are done eating it is going to be like 9 pm. Then you have to go around the resort monorail loop to the transporation and ticket center and then transfter to the epcot monorail line. Then once you get to epcot, depending on where you park, you have to take the tram to your car.

Driving is the easier way.

tigsmom

crazycalf said:
I would drive to the Poly.
By the time you are done eating it is going to be like 9 pm. Then you have to go around the resort monorail loop to the transporation and ticket center and then transfter to the epcot monorail line. Then once you get to epcot, depending on where you park, you have to take the tram to your car.

Driving is the easier way.

The TTC is at the rear of the Poly...just walk past the pools to the back of the property. We stayed in Rapa Nui and it was a 2 minute walk (but we never heard a sound from it).

Since you are staying off site I would drive on over to the Poly. Tell them you are there for dinner and they will check your name against the list they have and let you in. You can valet park or self park. That way you can head back to your hotel (or whatever) when you are done. :wave:

Magicmyway

I would also drive to Poly... we usually stay on site but even then after the park closes buses and monorails can be a pain!!!

collegesam

Original Poster
Hey thanks everyone for the advice. I stayed at the Polynesian before and forgot that the TTC was right there. I think that day i'll just park at the TTC and ride the monorail and ride back from epcot. Walking isn't a problem for me, so even if it winds up being a few minutes walk i'm good. Thanks again everyone.

Epcot82Guy

collegesam said:
Hey thanks everyone for the advice. I stayed at the Polynesian before and forgot that the TTC was right there. I think that day i'll just park at the TTC and ride the monorail and ride back from epcot. Walking isn't a problem for me, so even if it winds up being a few minutes walk i'm good. Thanks again everyone.

You beat me to it. This is what my family would always do. Park at the TTC, monorail to Epcot in the morning, monorail back and then walk (or monorail) to Poly. We also used to use the time after to explore and walk around since the car was right there and we didn't have a time limit in a resort lot or anything.

collegesam

Original Poster
yeah really, the last time I ate there, the appetizer was more than enough. There is sooooooooo much food at Ohana's. My girlfriend has never experienced Disney or it's food. She's in for a real treat. She's getting really excited, it's funny to listen to a first timer talk about it ;)

Erika

collegesam said:
My girlfriend has never experienced Disney or it's food. She's in for a real treat. She's getting really excited, it's funny to listen to a first timer talk about it ;)

Oh, you guys will have so much fun! Enjoy your trip- she has no idea what she is in for :lol:

Pioneer Hall

I think driving to the resort would be a lot easier. Lets you choose what you want to go afterward without worrying about having to go back to Epcot if you don't want to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom