Ohana or Liberty Tree Tavern

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Of course I have been to Ohana numerous times and the food is always amazing. We have never been to Liberty Tree Tavern at MK and was thinking of trying there instead of Ohana. Any thoughts on Liberty Tree?

The reviews do not look favorable but the menu looks good to me. Can you request the cornbread?

L.C. Clench

For lunch or dinner? We have always enjoyed Liberty Tree at lunch. We tried dinner twice and never again. I'd much rather go to Harbor House than eat mediocre Boston Market style meals. I'm not sure I'd ever pick it over Ohana but if the goal is just not to leave MK that makes sense.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
For lunch or dinner? We have always enjoyed Liberty Tree at lunch. We tried dinner twice and never again. I'd much rather go to Harbor House than eat mediocre Boston Market style meals. I'm not sure I'd ever pick it over Ohana but if the goal is just not to leave MK that makes sense.

It would be for dinner for the all you can eat thanksgiving dinner. But I have read numerous reviews that say the food is not good and not hot. The goal was to stay in MK but I do not want to have a botched meal.

rob0519

We used to love Liberty Tree for dinner until it closed for refurbishment and reopened with a lower quality menu. If it's for the real Thanksgiving day holiday though, I would still pick Liberty Tree. Good luck getting a reservation for that day. The wait staff told us that day books completely in about 20 minutes.

Lucky Rabbit

I ate at both this past September. I had breakfast at Ohana's and had dinner at Liberty Tree right before MNSSHP. The food quality at Ohana's was significantly better, but I have experience with their dinner offerings. Liberty Tree was just ok, but I don't think it was bad. I don't regret eating there, and I thought the building itself was really cool.

If you've never been I'd recommend trying it at least once, but just accept that overall the food may not be as good. If you're going to compare it to Ohana's the whole time then you may regret trying it, but if you dig the colonial vibe it's fun.

belledream

I would do LTT for lunch, but not dinner. You know what Ohana has to offer.

Have you considered a different MK restaurant? What about Skipper Canteen? Food is definitely not a miss there, and it's one of the more unique type of places to eat.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I would do LTT for lunch, but not dinner. You know what Ohana has to offer.

Have you considered a different MK restaurant? What about Skipper Canteen? Food is definitely not a miss there, and it's one of the more unique type of places to eat.

I am going to try Skipper's on a solo trip. My friend is picky and I am cautious about taking him to anything where the food may be too adventurous or in the case of LTT, not good (especially when it is Thanksgiving type food).

belledream

I am going to try Skipper's on a solo trip. My friend is picky and I am cautious about taking him to anything where the food may be too adventurous or in the case of LTT, not good (especially when it is Thanksgiving type food).
Ah that makes sense. Plaza or Tony's?

Or if you're going to go to Poly for Ohana anyways, look at Kona Café. We have never had a bad meal there! :)

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Ah that makes sense. Plaza or Tony's?

Or if you're going to go to Poly for Ohana anyways, look at Kona Café. We have never had a bad meal there! :)

Plaza yes!!! :) But I always like to go there for lunch. It is nothing like arriving to the park early then breaking for lunch, watching the parade then going back to the hotel to relax.

larandtra

Im not a huge fan of Liberty Tree since the refurb. As many have said, average food at high prices. For the record, I dont really care for any of the sit downs in MK as I think they are all average, until Skipper opened and the food there has been a hit each time. Plus the menu is so diverse. If I just want to get away from the park, Kona Cafe is the top option due to variety and quality, plus its generally quiet there, or the GF cafe

righttrack

As a character meal in the past, it wasn't bad. Take away the characters and it's just kind of meh. I'm not sure of the food changes, haven't been back since it stopped being a character meal. I assume from what people say, the food changes were not for the better. Pass

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom