Votes: 1 14.3%
  • needs work

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • sucks

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Swagger

Original Poster
Ok here it goes. Don't expect it to be the most detailed or perfect though. Today after watching a test track video and while playing Gran Turismo 3 I just thought up of some idea that I would enjoy very much. A high speed mix between Autopia and Test Track.

Imagine a ride like the second half of test track. Low to the ground though and much wider designed to look like a real track. Two road courses a little smaller then a true le mans road course. One for speed and one for turns but same duration for each ride. On the tracks would run cars much like what you see on Test Track only smaller and fit for four people. Not to mention much more like a Le Mans racer. However much faster. During parts of the faster track I would expect speeds exceeding 120. On the twisted more like 90-100. And each vehicle would have acceleration of about 1.7 g's. Just enough to give a thrill. The ride would be a LOT slower then the average race car but still have plenty of speed and turning to toss you around and scare/thrill you a bit. And of course the ride would be safe.

Now on this ride I would also add a bit of interaction. For instance each of the four riders would have a screen and three buttons. At certain times during the track the screen would show you three options. Twice during the ride each rider would have to choose what they would believe is the best option to attain a better time. The options would range anywhere from how to take a turn, how much speed to attain, which side of the track to be on, and how fast to go around a turn. Whichever answer you chose that is the speed or level the car would take around the turn. If you chose correctly the car would make it around the turn like it was meant and stay on time. However if you chose wrong the car would start to take that path, experience whatever problem comes from it, and slow down before any serious problems would arise and get back on track but with some lost time. Like I said each rider would get to choose twice during the whole ride. This makes for 24 total options and rides you can get. And the choices would occur a safe distance before they would actaully be put into play. If the rider didn't choose by the time they leave the safe distance the car would take not the best but the mid-point between good and bad option if you know what I mean. So it wouldn't save time but wouldn't cause you to loose too much.

At the end of the ride your time would be displayed above you and you would be graded by either D, C, B, A. And like I said there would be two tracks so the ride could atleast have the capacity of Test Track. So all in all I am imagining a ride that can get you as close as possible to not just riding but driving a real race car around a track. Either for speed or handling. I know it sounds crazy but I think it would simply be amazing. If there is any question anyone has please ask me so I can answer. And this isn't just for a Disney park but anywhere that could get it done. So...what do ya think? I know you're confused so ask me anything.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Swagger
Ok here it goes. Don't expect it to be the most detailed or perfect though. Today after watching a test track video and while playing Gran Turismo 3 I just thought up of some idea that I would enjoy very much. A high speed mix between Autopia and Test Track.

Imagine a ride like the second half of test track. Low to the ground though and much wider designed to look like a real track. Two road courses a little smaller then a true le mans road course. One for speed and one for turns but same duration for each ride. On the tracks would run cars much like what you see on Test Track only smaller and fit for four people. Not to mention much more like a Le Mans racer. However much faster. During parts of the faster track I would expect speeds exceeding 120. On the twisted more like 90-100. And each vehicle would have acceleration of about 1.7 g's. Just enough to give a thrill. The ride would be a LOT slower then the average race car but still have plenty of speed and turning to toss you around and scare/thrill you a bit. And of course the ride would be safe.

Now on this ride I would also add a bit of interaction. For instance each of the four riders would have a screen and three buttons. At certain times during the track the screen would show you three options. Twice during the ride each rider would have to choose what they would believe is the best option to attain a better time. The options would range anywhere from how to take a turn, how much speed to attain, which side of the track to be on, and how fast to go around a turn. Whichever answer you chose that is the speed or level the car would take around the turn. If you chose correctly the car would make it around the turn like it was meant and stay on time. However if you chose wrong the car would start to take that path, experience whatever problem comes from it, and slow down before any serious problems would arise and get back on track but with some lost time. Like I said each rider would get to choose twice during the whole ride. This makes for 24 total options and rides you can get. And the choices would occur a safe distance before they would actaully be put into play. If the rider didn't choose by the time they leave the safe distance the car would take not the best but the mid-point between good and bad option if you know what I mean. So it wouldn't save time but wouldn't cause you to loose too much.

At the end of the ride your time would be displayed above you and you would be graded by either D, C, B, A. And like I said there would be two tracks so the ride could atleast have the capacity of Test Track. So all in all I am imagining a ride that can get you as close as possible to not just riding but driving a real race car around a track. Either for speed or handling. I know it sounds crazy but I think it would simply be amazing. If there is any question anyone has please ask me so I can answer. And this isn't just for a Disney park but anywhere that could get it done. So...what do ya think? I know you're confused so ask me anything.

What's the story line?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom