Offsite for 5+ People

Capsin4

Anyone have favorite offsite places for 5 or 6 people? Based on our family size and spending habits, we usually find staying onsite slightly better or a wash price-wise (even with the promotions) and things like the FP window tip it a bit more to onsite for us. Now that we drive instead of flying, the balance is tipping more towards off-site. Our four kids are 4-13 and the 5th bed in the moderates helps, but I'm thinking about that one bath. It was ok when we had 5 with a crib in those rooms. I'm looking at two Pop rooms or a singe room at POR, both of which we've stayed at and liked. Never stayed at the cabins, but I believe those are about $1,200 more. The only place we've stayed at offsite as a whole family was Royal Parc Suites for a trip to UOR, which we found to be very affordable (2 bedrooms with a kitchen and two baths for less than $100), but just passable otherwise. Those rooms are $150-$200 now with a free breakfast, which we found to be decent when we were there.

So, anyone have favorite off-site spots that would work for our group that we should consider? We'll be there last week of august.Thanks for the help!

ParentsOf4

I've successfully booked a two-bedroom condo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek using eBay twice. Many sellers are willing to negotiate price, and I've stayed for under $120/night even during Thanksgiving week.

WBC is located next to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and probably is the closest thing you can get to feeling like being on-property without paying on-property prices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Agree with affordability and proximity of Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Great offsite option.

@Capsin4, take a single room at POR out of consideration since your family exceeds room capacity now. Other onsite options besides two rooms at Pop would be a family suite at All Star Music or Art of Animation. Or a cabin at Ft. Wilderness which you mentioned.

Upvote 0

ml123_9

We've started renting a house in Davenport. We like to rent through TripAdvisor because you don't have worry about being scammed. Davenport is relatively close to Disney, just avoid I4. There is also a nice Best Western nearby that is like townhouses. We stayed there once and it was a three bed, two bath. I believe it also had a full kitchen.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

There are a ton of places and choices. All will cost you significantly less than onsite. You do have to factor parking in. One way to offset that is to purchase one AP. The price difference on 1-pass is negligible when you factor in parking, discounts, and free MM.

As for places to stay, you have a lot of options. I research this constantly and only have stayed at one. However, I have seriously looked at renting from these as well.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Inside Disney's gates. Excellent resort. I have stayed here. Depending on when you go, you can get a 2BR Deluxe for $500-$1,200 for 7-nights. 2 bathrooms, washer/dryer, full kitchen. 5 onsite pools, 2 lazy rivers, mini golf, and activities galore.

Orange Lake Resort - Have not stayed, but still in the running for this Summer. Price wise it is in line with WBC. Tons of stuff to do. The person I am looking to rent with took her kids. The kids cried because they had to actually leave the resort to go to Disney World.

Windsor Hills - Many great reviews. Just 2 miles from Disney gates. Less pool side entertainment, but a great pool and some of the cheapest rates.

Reunion Resort - recently heard of this place. Great reviews. A little farther away, but a waterpark that looks great.

Sheraton Vistana - People either love it or hate it from my research. Near DS.

My suggestion is to research because there are tons of places that are pennies on the dollar compared to Disney resorts.

Upvote 0

bh_trade

Its been mentioned several times already, but I'd cast another vote for Wydham Bonnet Creek resort. Search for them on eBay and you will see the asking prices for several different units/weeks. Trip Advisor has tons of reviews on them as well.

Upvote 0

DPN

Yep, agreed Wyndham Bonnet Creek is awesome. Check redweek.com to go directly through owner, very reasonably priced for what you get. Only non Disney resort that is actually on Disney property.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom