OFFICIAL WDWMagic Banner Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

NowInc

Original Poster
Straight from the big man himself (Steve)..these guidelines are UNBENDABLE!

Dimensions - 700x60 pixels

Blue Daylight Background - RGB 66,119,173
Evening Shades Background - RGB 115, 125, 165

MUST incorporate the words...

WDWMAGIC.COM
An Unofficial Walt Disney World Fan Site
- no other wording!

No Characters of any kind

No Images from other Disney Official or UnOfficial Sites

Banner must work both color schemes, and be the same version of the banner (just different backgrounds).

Must be a "web friendly" format and size. So Compression will be looked at on this one. JPG, GIF, PNG are all acceptable.

Prize could be to run it on the forum for 1 month

So to recap...you will be sumbitting 2 pictures for this one. One for each forum design.

Because of the strict guidelines and the complexity of the contest...this one is going to run for 2 weeks. The contest wil end on July 26th on 11:59 PM EST.

As usual..if we recieve more than 15 entries...a neutral party WILL decide the final ones to be used...no hard feelings...

Good luck everyone...looking forward to seeing the submissions.

CmdrTostada

Yes. That was my second guess. Because you talked about it awhile ago. This is gonna be fun, and probably the most rewarding.

Maria

Ha! Finally a contest I can enter! Yeay!! :lol:

*working on those RGB numbers from now!* :p
:animwink:

Disney4648

Originally posted by NowInc

No Characters of any kind

[/OUOTE]

I have a question. Can we use disney clip art characters.....like little avatars?

DisneyCP2000

:king: EXCELLENT :king: contest idea, i'm sure there will be plenty of entries! Couple of questions though...Is it 700 LengthX 60 Width? Plus, can these be animated?

Just wondering. Thanks :D

NowInc

Original Poster
No characters means no characters...period. Disney characters are all copyrighted and we can not use them at all...

Second...if you can keep the ifle size to a web friendly one...then i dont see why it cant be animated..as long as it doesnt flash annoying colors ;)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
ooooooo a really hard one.....well...I got 2 weeks....lets see what I can turnout:)

The_CEO

Here

Attachments

• wdwmagic banner.jpg
    wdwmagic banner.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 881

Disney4648

Hey Justin, how did you do those so quick:confused: ? Good Job though!:) I will see if I can make a banner in MS Paint or PhotoStudio.....Good Luck everyone!:D

The_CEO

Yeah well.. Its not that hard. Since we cant use disney pictures and such.. It didnt leave me much choices... SO thats what i made.

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
Yeah well.. Its not that hard. Since we cant use disney pictures and such.. It didnt leave me much choices... SO thats what i made.

ACtually..the reason i gave a 2 week deadline is so you guys could PACE YOURSELVES...there are TONS of possibilities...but you have to use your head. THe strict limitations are not that hindering if you sit back and think for a few days...

Maria

Are the little buttons for "user cp", "members" "calendar", etc. part of the banner? Or those remain the same style? I was just wondering... not that I´m preparing my entry, of course.. :animwink:

Main Street USA

Ok, before we get too far along here, I want to make a suggestion to everyone who plans on entering. Well, actually it's more of a plea.

Please, PLEASE, don't do an animated banner. Besides popups, they are the most annoying things on the internet. Understand that whoever wins this will most likely have their banner displayed on this site, and I REALLY don't want to visit this site everyday and see an animated banner begging for my attention.

The above is, however, just my opinion. So, all it really means is this: If you do an animated banner, you won't get my vote!:)

Main Street USA

Originally posted by Maria
Are the little buttons for "user cp", "members" "calendar", etc. part of the banner? Or those remain the same style? I was just wondering... not that I´m preparing my entry, of course.. :animwink:

Nah, those buttons are seperate from the banner itself.

CmdrTostada

also I would wait till a couple of people, post there entry's so you know what your up against. In the last two contest I was the first entry and I regretted it because I got ideas from other people's entry's. So take it slowly, and look for ideas.

Dizneydude87

Does this mean they can use images from this site? It says "others". I just didnt want people to mess up. Im not gonna do one, this is WAY out of my league (Sp??... I can't even spell leauge), Im lucky if I can drwa a circle. :animwink:

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizneydude87

Does this mean they can use images from this site? It says "others". I just didnt want people to mess up. Im not gonna do one, this is WAY out of my league (Sp??... I can't even spell leauge), Im lucky if I can drwa a circle. :animwink:

Yep...pictures from WDWMagic (as long as they arent characters) are allowed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom