Official Photography Contest 4/21/06 - 4/27/06 Animal Kingdom Contest

MrsGhost

SewIn2Disney said:
I don't get it......

Anyway....pkelley, is that bird dead? If not, its a cool picture!

And ClemsonTigger, doesn't deVine just pose herself so well for wonderful photographs! I was going to enter one of her, I think if you get her just right in the sunlight (like you did) she looks amazing.....I want some of that reflective makeup! Great picture!

pkelley's wife here....no, the bird was just sunning itself. The CM said that it does that sometimes.

wdwishes2005

SewIn2Disney said:
I don't get it......

And ClemsonTigger, doesn't deVine just pose herself so well for wonderful photographs! I was going to enter one of her, I think if you get her just right in the sunlight (like you did) she looks amazing.....I want some of that reflective makeup! Great picture!
earlier someone debated about sharpening the picture, and he sharpened his as far as it would go.

anyway, now for my picture. Thought i'd put a spin on the EE pictures.
CopyofDisneyJanEE206110.jpg

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Main Street USA said:
Forbidden Donut, if I understand your explanation correctly, you used a photo editing program for noise reduction and sharpening. Honestly, I don't give a rats you know what if you did, but a lot of people don't have access to a program to do even that, no matter how small or insignificant. If the camera does it, then great, but doing it manually after the fact is technically against the rules because it gives an unfair advantage.

Again, I couldn't care less if you cropped it, chopped it in half, added a full moon, and photoshopped in a hidden mickey doing a magic trick, but I'm just sayin'. ;)
Thank you for helping to explain that! :wave:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
MrsGhost said:
pkelley's wife here....no, the bird was just sunning itself. The CM said that it does that sometimes.
Well, I guess that's good to know! I was worried the bird was dead too! :lol:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
SewIn2Disney said:
I don't get it......

Thanks. As you say, she does put herself in some pretty amazing poses. My youngest still gets spooked by her...but I never get tired of watching her through full visits. I especially enjoy seeing her off the path while others are just walking by, totally oblivious...

subhuman31

I got some decent pics of the AK but alot of them have been used by others in this contest already. Here is mine which is definitely different. BYW - great pics everyone.

subhuman31

Sorry about that. Don't want anyone scratching their heads wondering what I said. It should be BTW (by the way) - great pics everyone.

mrtoad

nibblesandbits said:
Thank you for helping to explain that! :wave:

That might not be right though. He would have to tell you if this is wrong, but I think what he was talking about was using a DSLR in RAW mode, not using Photoshop per say. Point and shoot digital cameras take the shot and you can select on some how much you want it sharped or not sharpened among other settings, some just do it all themselves. But with a DLSR you can shoot in RAW mode which does none of the sharpening until after you take the shot and then select the settings. So if that is what he is doing, it is not (or should not) be against the rules. I could be wrong, but I think that is what he was saying he was doing.

Main Street USA

mrtoad said:
That might not be right though. He would have to tell you if this is wrong, but I think what he was talking about was using a DSLR in RAW mode, not using Photoshop per say. Point and shoot digital cameras take the shot and you can select on some how much you want it sharped or not sharpened among other settings, some just do it all themselves. But with a DLSR you can shoot in RAW mode which does none of the sharpening until after you take the shot and then select the settings. So if that is what he is doing, it is not (or should not) be against the rules. I could be wrong, but I think that is what he was saying he was doing.
If thats the case, then you're 100% correct.

sillyspook13

barnum42 said:
Actually, a pic I took of said Miss Spook was nearly going to be my choice this week :D
You should be so glad I was out of town!:goodnevil

Wait.... Are you talking about the magical moment or the pic of me demonstrating how to board Space Mountain in a skirt?:lookaroun

silly "back by popular demand" spook13

Ta da!

P1010294.jpg

mrtoad

Main Street USA said:
If thats the case, then you're 100% correct.

I am just guessing but I think that is what he is talking about.

I wish I had the abilitly to do RAW mode myself. If I save my pennies....

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
sillyspook13 said:
... the pic of me demonstrating how to board Space Mountain in a skirt?:lookaroun

Boaring SM in a skirt...that can't be easy. A very,um, 'revealing' experience I'd imagine...:lookaroun

barnum42

sillyspook13 said:
Wait.... Are you talking about the magical moment or the pic of me demonstrating how to board Space Mountain in a skirt?:lookaroun
I did not have the camera out during that particular demonstration and you would not give a repeat performance. It's a standard Silly Spook "Ta-Dah" pose :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom