Official Photography Contest 10/13/06 - 10/19/06 Live Animals

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
*Resists urge to post a gorilla or tiger* :D

Hippos.jpg

Can I ask where that photo was taken? It's wonderful!

barnum42

Can I ask where that photo was taken? It's wonderful!

I think it's from the Jungle Cruise annual Christmas Party. :lol:

They swore those pictures wouldn't get out.... :lookaroun

Funny but wrong :lol:

It's from the Pangani Forest Trail. They have a hippo pool viewing window that is partly submerged, so you can see them swimming underwater. I've passed it many a time on my way to the gorillas. This is the only time I've seen adult hippos playing.

Chape19714

A little thing I learned about those hippos:

Did you know Hippos spread thier pooh with thier tails to spread the nutirents out. Niether did I, until the window in front of me at that exibit became less transparent than it was when I showed up. :hurl:

Tramp

Did anyone ever see the AK lion walking around? He's been in that position for years except for an occassional move of his head!:lol:

Maybe it's Disney's top-secret, state of the art animatronics!:lookaroun

PS: That goes for the cheetah too!

barnum42

A little thing I learned about those hippos:

Did you know Hippos spread thier pooh with thier tails to spread the nutirents out. Niether did I, until the window in front of me at that exibit became less transparent than it was when I showed up. :hurl:
That was missed Kodak Moment!

barnum42

Did anyone ever see the AK lion walking around? He's been in that position for years except for an occassional move of his head!:lol:

Maybe it's Disney's top-secret, state of the art animatronics!:lookaroun

PS: That goes for the cheetah too!
I have seen the cheetah walking - I even have it on video.

It's only happened the once.

Maybe it was made by the same team as the hopping Brer Rabbit AA on Splash Mountain that keeps breaking down?

:D

Uponastar

Perfect spot for my 500th post!
The pics in this contest are amazing!
Joe, what a shot! :eek: I've seen those hippos so many times and they're usually just hanging around doing pretty much nothing! :lol:

And Nibbs,
you do a phenomenal job over here! Kudos!

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I thought I'd throw this in, I don't see a poll yet but if I didn't make it that's ok, I just completely forgot to do this yesterday. :hammer:

Lizardresized.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom