Official Moving to Orlando Thread... aka, ASK THE LOCALS!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
the Corner of Dean and University in East Orlando by UCF...

or the 535 to I4 West onramp in Lake Bueva Vista

PhotoDave219

....You make it sound like you know someone who cut across that intersection and two lanes of bumper to bumper traffic and caused all 4 passengers to scream bloody murder. :D

(Sorry Kel!)

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
yeah yeah yeah... don't forget, who's the one who passed the Tracker on the median... the raised, grassy median

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by PhotoDave219
And i was the one who was called a worse driver! Amazing......

:D

I'm also the one who did burnouts in the parking lot at Epcot...

in an SUV.

Originally posted by mkt
the Corner of Dean and University in East Orlando by UCF...

or the 535 to I4 West onramp in Lake Bueva Vista

SR 50 and 436 is the worst intersection in Orlando and the third worst in Florida, the next one on the list in orlando is in 7th place for worst in the state is the john young and sandlake. however those are 2 good possibilities.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by 10 min. to wdw
SR 50 and 436 is the worst intersection in Orlando and the third worst in Florida, the next one on the list in orlando is in 7th place for worst in the state is the john young and sandlake. however those are 2 good possibilities.

I can see that too... I live off John Young, but I rarely take it up to Sand Lake... if I have to head out in that direction, I take the 528 to I-4. And I entirely agree about Colonial and 436.. that's a scary one.

Out of curiosity, where'd you get that list at? I'm curious what the worst are in SoFla

they gave us the info at work, in a safety refresher class. while I rarely get over to 436 and 50 I proably go through JYP and Sandlake twice a week so those were the two I remember. you can go to http://www.statefarm.com/di/danger.htm thats is what state farm insurance say's are the worst intersections however they only do them by state, Orlando made it twice. I'm not sure how state farm determines there info, but the info we got was based 2 points for every accident and 1/2 to 1 1/2 points for each ticket and those intersections topped out. the only tickets that counted were intersection violations. (running red lights, Agressive driving in intersection)

PhotoDave219

I forget whom i was driving home, but someone blew through the light on the 417 ramp at JYP. Not just ruushed the light but totally ran it.... Im amazed at the red light runners here.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
possibly moving to celebration

Hi, from a different Orange County, that of California.

When we were looking at celebration, we thought that was cheap...(Centergate - 799 for 850 sq ft)...sounds like there are cheaper places as well further away from WDW. MKT you lived in the Zom...what was your experience in Celebration..or other folks, locals...whats the low down of life down there? worth it?

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
I liked Celebration... I just didn't like living in a neighborhood which itself is a tourist attraction.

I'm living in Hunters Creek now, which is $1 and 15 mins from WDW... it's just outside the Disney, Universal/Sea World, and Convention Center areas... it's like an alcove for the locals in a sea of tourism

whats going on across from the Publix at the orange town center shopping plaza on 192. are they just redoing power lines or is something going in there, it looks like a pretty good chunk of land?

TURKEY

whats going on across from the Publix at the orange town center shopping plaza on 192. are they just redoing power lines or is something going in there, it looks like a pretty good chunk of land?

All I've seen so far is changing from puny wooden poles to much bigger metal ones.

TURKEY

well what got me wondering is if you look back in there it looks alot more open it used to be like all trees.

I'm usually driving watching out for the nuts on the road so I can't pay too much attention to it.

TURKEY

It looks like the entire wooded area there is up for sale. There are several signs along it. I think it runs all the way up to where the strip is again.

Originally posted by mkt
I can see that too... I live off John Young, but I rarely take it up to Sand Lake... if I have to head out in that direction, I take the 528 to I-4. And I entirely agree about Colonial and 436.. that's a scary one.

Out of curiosity, where'd you get that list at? I'm curious what the worst are in SoFla

We got a new list today and I found kind of surpriseing, it listed the most dangerous intersections in Orange county.

1) pine hills rd and silver star

2) hiwwasse and silver star

3) john young and sandlake

While I have never been to the #1 spot I have been several times to #2 and I think that #3 is much worse then those two. however the first 2 have a much higher police pressence so I'm wondering if that affected the outcome of this report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom