Official Moving to Orlando Thread... aka, ASK THE LOCALS!

Lokheed

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
How many people are at The Alexan? I'm there too.

That's just too freakin' bizarre. I move to the other side of the country, in six months I haven't met any of my neighbors beyond a polite "hello" on the stairway, and now I meet two of them on the internet.

Private Message me if you like and I'll give you my apartment number, you can stop by and say hello sometime.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by KevinPage
Which complex? I'm sure they probably booted your out :lol:

I lived in Town Center... the Zom apartments. Anyway, ha ha ha. Booted me out? Try again... I just didn't feel like I was getting my moneys worth living there, so I moved to Hunters Creek

TURKEY

Originally posted by 10 min. to wdw
keep in mind there are several Alexans in the area, there is another one or two very close to wdw.

I know that, but based on the description, all of us live at Legacy Dunes.

metman

hello guys i live about 3 miles from the publix on -27 in westridge.
well i am writting from england at this point in time but this is where my house is. does any one now when the new wall mart will be open and also can anyone tell me about this new back road that is suposed to be going into disney i have been told about in the last 3 days . like where it will join and lead to. many thanks and keep up the new info group.

many thanks ANDY

Lokheed

My understanding is that the Wal-Mart will begin vertical construction in the next few weeks. Having seen one built before, I would expect it to be open sometime this summer.

I don't know anything about the new back road to Disney, but I can tell you that they have strung up a new stoplight on 192 at Avalon/545. The lights are not active yet, but I would assume they will be sometime soon. There appears to be work being done on Avalon to either improve or widen the road right there at 192, and traveling a few miles farther north the turn onto Siedel Rd. has been closed off for this week, where they appear to be laying in some kind of drainage system or other buried pipes or cables. Don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but that is the only road construction I have seen in this neck of the woods.

TURKEY

From what I saw in Sunday's?? paper, the Wal-Mart sounds like it's going in at Cagan Crossings and will be up by the end of the year.

They're also building one further up into Clermont.

MonorailGreen

Wal-Mart's are going up everywhere in the area. There is one a mile from me right now in east Orlando and they are putting another one right down the street!!

From what I saw in Sunday's?? paper, the Wal-Mart sounds like it's going in at Cagan Crossings and will be up by the end of the year.

They're also building one further up into Clermont.

Originally posted by metman
hello guys i live about 3 miles from the publix on -27 in westridge.
well i am writting from england at this point in time but this is where my house is. does any one now when the new wall mart will be open and also can anyone tell me about this new back road that is suposed to be going into disney i have been told about in the last 3 days . like where it will join and lead to. many thanks and keep up the new info group.

many thanks ANDY

I have heard rummors that the new back road into disney is cast drive, basically its the reams road entrance by the MK cast member parking lot.

DISMUM

Hi Andy- I have a home just up the road from you on Lake Davenport Estates .How ling you had yours?
Are you referrring to the shortcut from the 192 to AK or to the new road that is supposed to be going through from the 27 north near Cleer Creek or a completely different on again.If its the first then I can tell you where that is .

metman

hi thanks for the e-mail i have had my house for 2 years. we belive from what we have been told it was to go from 27 to walt disney world but i do not now if this is true. this i was told was why there is so much building work going on in this area as people will use it to get straight onto wdw.
i did not now there was a back road on 192 to get into animal kingdom please pass this on as i would love to use this next week as we are going over to our house.

many thanks and speak to you soon andy:
animwink:

DISMUM

There is supposed tobe a road -as aI said from the n27 to disney property sometime in the near future .Also a proposed road from Bahama Bay to the 192 which would hit the 192 somewhere near Lindfields this would be good for us as we are at the end of the road that Bahama Bay is in.
The shortcut i mentioned is as follows
go east on 192 until you get to the third set of traffic lights black something road follow this road until you come to a junction and turn left -You should see the 192 if you look right here this is sherbeth road .Follow the road again- its a bit twisty -until you come to a set of traffic lights .This is osceola parkway and from here on in you are on disney property ak is on your left

TURKEY

Quit ruining my way to work. :fork: :lol:

Lots of people are starting to discover that road and traffic is getting to be a pain.

Right now, traffic waiting to turn left is starting to back up across the bridge, almost to the AK exit.

goofyguy

Lots of people are starting to discover that road and traffic is getting to be a pain.

Right now, traffic waiting to turn left is starting to back up across the bridge, almost to the AK exit.

Sorry about that. I discovered this route a couple of weeks ago and use it all the time. Sometimes I even use it when I'm not going to Disney just because I prefer to go through Disney property rather than down 192.

As for the new roads, I just moved into a new house in Davenport (in Florida Pines) and our real estate agent seemed to think that the Oceola Parkway (which esentially runs through Disney) would be extended to 27.

Lokheed

What kills me is that from Black Lake Rd. you could spit and hit the AK Lodge. There is even a rough construction access road there that is fenced off. I know Disney doesn't have any particular motivation to do it, but heck... a hundred yards of pavement and you cut several miles off of taking the Sherbeth Rd. route.

DISMUM

Sorry turkey leg boy -but this route has been well used by us "old hand owners" for a long time ,but if we keep telling people about it the nthe 192 wil be empty and we can use that instead..The extension to OP is the one I mentined about coming out near Cleer Creek

just do what everyone else does, go down to the AKL and make a uturn. they'll be at least a dozen cars doing the same thing. Or sometimes at the evening rush hour its quicker to take world drive. personally I commute down the Ocesola Parkway to I-4 while I'm going to work too and there are alot of people that seem to do this.

Lokheed

The new Wal-Mart is going in at Cagan Crossings, and apparently it will be the first one of its kind anywhere.

A quote from the local weekly paper:

"The new design, referred to as the "Main Street Design" matches the esisting architecture and adobe finishes of the existing 1,034 apartments, which make up the existing Cagan Crossings. Unlike traditional Wal-Mart buldings, the Super Center located in Cagan Crossings will have 1,100 foot setbacks from the road and sloping below road level to improve attractiveness."

"The new Wal-Mart will be across the highway from the apartments and Town Center at Cagan Crossings, but will be connected by pedestrian walkways and sidewalks so that residents of the apartment complex will be able to walk from their apartments, through the Town Center, and to Wal-Mart."

"The Wal-Mart is expected to provide 475 jobs and provide nearly $3 million in sales tax revenue each year, and is expected to open in September 2004 according to Wal-Mart projections."

So it sounds like it is going in on that chunk of land directly west of the Publix on the north side of 192 and the east side of 27, with new pedestrian bridges running over 27 to Cagan Crossing. I'll be curious to see how it looks when it is done, since Wal-Mart buildings historically have always been fugly in the extreme. I'm having a hard time imagining an architecturally attractive Wal-Mart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom