Official Disney Meeting Thread, Live Right Now!

jrriddle

43%!?!
My God!
I don't care for Eisner but...
My God!
That's unheard of!
This is going to be a strange few days ahead.
I wonder what the stock will do tomorrow?
I wonder if Comcast will make another bid?
If there was blood in the water before, we have a feeding frenzy now!

NashvilleMouse

It is a powerful message the people are sending to the heads of Disney. But it also shows signs of management instability, which will make Comcast salivate. Chaos... it will all be chaos. :lookaroun

pisco

It seems to me that the key to the Comcast situation is the value Comcast is placing on Disney's stock. They were offering something in the mid-20's but most analysts and the board all believe that the stock has a natural value of around $32-$34. I can't see the board agreeing to sell the company so far below value.

So unless somone can come up with a bunch more money, or convince the shareholders that a change of ownership is what's best for Disney, I don't see a sale happening.

Plus, if Eisner finallay decides to see the writing on the wall and comes out with a well received succession plan, the stock will go up, making the company an even less attractive target.

Thumper's Mom

The man from ISS said he expects Eisner to step down in "a matter of days or weeks IF it hasn't already happened"!! Should make for an interesting series of events! :sohappy:

mac388

Originally posted by Carrousel Lover
I just don't buy that - I think it is part of the media suggestion to provide backlash to Gold and Disney for being whistleblowers. Remember Disney said they have know that they would be approached by Comcast. I beleive the Comcast bid reached the level it did because of the way Comcast was blown off when the call was made to Eisner. A week later Eisner said he was reading off of his screen a prepared statement since Disney knew it was coming. A lot of the information about Eisner and business practice may have been new to the general public but people in the industry have far reaching ears and I am sure Comcast has been following what has been happening at Disney for some time. I also think Disney and Gold were not taken that seriously but they conveniently got the word out that Comcast or others has known for sometime. They (Gold and Disney's) were more savvy than expected by making this a business (large investor) fight. This was surprising to many people. It wasn't all just "he won't let me play in his sandbox" stuff.

Let's be honest here we are dealing with HUGE egos - Eisner/Disney's initial response to Comcast by not at least bringing them to the table was the strategic mistake.

I completely agree. If you just look at all of the things that Eisner did, it weakened the stock regardless of what roy and stanley did. If they did anything, they united the people's dissatisfaction with eisner and gave it a strong voice.

CTXRover

The only negative thing Roy and Stanely did was inadvertantly bring to light the instability that existed within the company. I believe ComCast has even acknowledged that Roy and Stanley's fight made them realize the time was now to take their shot at taking over Disney. Although Roy and Stanley did not "cause" ComCast to think about their bid, they did bring into focus that it was the right time to do it....

I have also heard on CNBC that although ComCast has once again approached the board about merger talks, they still refuse to change their original bid and continue to say they have no plans to raise it....nearly all the analysts agreed that a takeover would never occur unless Comcast does do something to sweeten the deal....personally, I question if Comcast is capable to really up their bid a lot in the first place.

mac388

Yes....and I get nauseous when I think about Mike Eisner's quote on Larry King:
If they made a better offer, we'd not only consider it, we'd accept it.
Ewww!

cherrynegra

You know, it's one thing to be arrogant when you're on top, but when you continue to be arrogant when you're getting your a$$ thrown over a cliff, well you're either delusional, or stupid. Take your pick.

Woody13

:lol: I really wonder how much work was done today! Obviously, corporate firewalls are going to restrict more and more employees from computer abuse.:zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom