offered a new fp+ experiment at...

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
BOG. This am I was offered a chance to participate in an experiment involving BOG restaurant and fp. A little background. My husband and I are going to WDW in 3 weeks and staying onsite, so they are aware of our reservations. I booked my adr's 180 days out already. The experiment says we can choose a window for lunch from several windows involved in this experiment. We can "just walk right in and our pre-ordered lunch will be ready". So the experiment involves pre-ordering from the menu online. I cannot believe that they are experimenting with pre-ordering on adr's!!! I emailed them back and kindly refused and explained exactly why we would not be participating. I feel that too much pre-planning is involved already with adr's at 180 days out (so you have to figure out which park you do that day too), and then fp+ for the day too. If they start pre-planning meals with reservations, then that will be IT for us. Just one too many items to pre-plan for a vacation! I am a planner but this is too much. I hope this is a simple short term experiment for BOG only, and that nothing comes of it. Thanks for letting me vent. I know there are others who love to pre-plan meals, so please don't flame me for presenting my humble opinions.:)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
BOG. This am I was offered a chance to participate in an experiment involving BOG restaurant and fp. A little background. My husband and I are going to WDW in 3 weeks and staying onsite, so they are aware of our reservations. I booked my adr's 180 days out already. The experiment says we can choose a window for lunch from several windows involved in this experiment. We can "just walk right in and our pre-ordered lunch will be ready". So the experiment involves pre-ordering from the menu online. I cannot believe that they are experimenting with pre-ordering on adr's!!! I emailed them back and kindly refused and explained exactly why we would not be participating. I feel that too much pre-planning is involved already with adr's at 180 days out (so you have to figure out which park you do that day too), and then fp+ for the day too. If they start pre-planning meals with reservations, then that will be IT for us. Just one too many items to pre-plan for a vacation! I am a planner but this is too much. I hope this is a simple short term experiment for BOG only, and that nothing comes of it. Thanks for letting me vent. I know there are others who love to pre-plan meals, so please don't flame me for presenting my humble opinions.:)
They have been doing this for over a year now. If you search you can find several threads discussing this. You do not have to preorder your food. That part is optional. You do need to book a lunch window if you would like to do lunch at BOG it is FP only right now.

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
thank you, guess I panicked over nothing! I probably won't book BOG anyway, cause we have several adr's already involving other people at restaurants we really love:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom