Off-site hotels

Cheryl

Before buying into DVC, we used to stay at the Radison (right near the Arabian Nights show)...it was really nice. The rooms were really spacious and it even had a heated pool with a waterfall flowing into it....kinda romantic since you said you were going around New Year's. Also, got two tickets each day to use for the breakfast buffet where the chef make your own omletes, fresh bagels, cerals, bacon, scrambled eggs, basically the works! and includes gratuity and beverages (non-alcoholic of course). I wanna say we got all this for $69 a night....it's located right off the highway so it was perfect spot!

17 more days to Disney!
Cheryl:slurp:

cm1988

Beep-Beep!

Originally posted by bvolguards
There are a ton of pretty good hotels along I-drive
True, true. Have stayed out that way myself prior to residing here. Would just caution that though I-Drive has lots of good options --- on the North end, it also has lots of traffic and t-shirt shops. If you can stay South of Sand Lake Road (Convention Center and further South) it's less cluttered and really much more pleasant to navigate.

You might even want to pop into the Mercado or Pointe Orlando if you're staying out that way and want to catch a light dinner or do a bit of shopping.

But I would agree with others here that the SR 535 properties near Lake Buena Vista are even more desirable since many are newer, and surely closer to Downtown Disney and the parks. Also many affordable (and good!) restaurant options in that area. e.g. Chevy's (Mexican), Pebbles (contemporary American), Orlando Ale House (Seafood and Steaks... sports bar for the whole family), Olive Garden, Pizzaria Uno. Check Expedia.com and travelocity.com for rates and possible minimum stay requirements that holiday week.

Jimmy

Originally posted by wdwprincess03
Does anyone know of good, but not tooo expensive hotels off-site. The only way I can go to WDW around New Years is if I find us a cheap hotel..we have aps, but on-site is still too expensive...anyone got some suggestions?

If you want cheap, the Motel 6 Maingate West (1 mile from World Drive) is usually $35.99--$39.99 per night. Not much on frills but a "clean comfortable romm" and they "leave the light on for you".

Becky

:sohappy:

All good suggestions, but WDW Princess is going around New Years and most quotes were for off season.

If you are flying and renting a car, exit the airport on the South and use the Greenway (or belt or whatever it is called). It exits through Celebration onto 192.

If you cross 192 instead of turning onto 192 there are two good and reasonable hotels. Larson's and Howard Johnson's Maingate East.

HJMGE is $38.50 off season and $60 at Christmas/New Years if you have AAA. If not they usually list a manager's special that is the same. The rate is off the offical HJMGE web site, not a discount hotel site. You find it by going to Yahoo and putting in Howard Johnson Hotels Kisseemee. Be careful you want the Main Gate East.

From Larson or HJMGE you make a right turn onto 192 from the parking lot and you are on World Drive (Disney Property) in about 5 minutes.

:wave:

kal1484

Original Poster
Originally posted by Cheryl
kinda romantic since you said you were going around New Year's*********************************
17 more days to Disney!
Cheryl:slurp:

well...seeming that I'm a youngin' and still haven't been kissed at midnight yet, cept by my daddy, I'm going for non-romantic. hehehee

Cheryl

Originally posted by Becky
:sohappy: If you cross 192 instead of turning onto 192 there are two good and reasonable hotels. Larson's and Howard Johnson's Maingate East. :wave:

I don't care how desperate I am, I will NEVER EVER EVER stay at Larson's again! We mistakenly stayed there for our honeymoon which was the worst place in the world! We had gone to do Universal back then instead of Disney (my husband wanted to see what the hype of Universal was at the time) and we used a travel agent who booked us in this horrible horrible motel!

Back then, there were notes left in the room stating that they are not responsible for any cars that were broken into, we saw cockroaches in our room and the pool was so overcrowded at nighttime, it was just ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. We went past it "reminiscing if you want to call it" when we were down at WDW in December and it looks as though it has gotten a face-list so maybe it's changed but I'll tell you one thing, I for one won't be going to find out how much it's changed! I'll always remember it as NASTY, NASTY, NASTY!

:sohappy: 17 day to Disney!
OKW, here I come!

Cheryl

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by TiggerDaddy
If you join the Disney Club ($30), go "off season", and are willing to stay at one of the All-Star resorts, you can get a room for as little as $55 a night. I don't think you can come close to that off-property.

I kindly beg to differ on that. I've found nice, extended stay hotels for under $50/night offsite. And here's how I do it: whenever I've gone down to Orlando, about a month or two ahead of time, I'll check for rates on http://www.hotelcoupons.com under a search for Orlando and also Kissimmee. I've found a Hawthorne Suites, near Sea World, that usually is at $69.00 and it can sleep up to 6 poeple in a room. The room is huge: a sitting area with a queen sized sleeper sofa, the bedroom with two more queen sized beds, a full bath, and a kitchenette with fridge, dishwasher, stove. There are other hotels and extended stay places listed on there...just give it a thought as a pricing alternative.

Oh...in case you're afraid to try...it's only a listing - there are no reservations made via the website. Just use the hotel contact that is given and let them know where you found the pricing.

Joe

stepharoni

I can confirm that Hampton Inn at LBV is safe and clean. We get great rates there on Avista.com. Holiday Inn Nikki Bird was nice enough, too, and it had a fridge and microwave. But beware of $39 hotels- they can be scary and nasty. We stay at the Hampton from ~$59 and eat at Taco Bell when we're being frugal. Have fun.

15 days!

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
Hey,
I have never stayed at a Disney resort. I have been to Disney 4 times...The first hotel i stayed at was fine. W/ all 4 hotels i will be mentioning there are not many amenties pool, laundry services, and contiental breakfast are as many amenties they have. At maximum the cost was about $30. I have stayed at 3 hotels

1)Thriftlodge (1st hotel i stayed at, CHEAP, no longer AAA rated...laundry services, 20 minutes away.

2)Magic Castle Inn and Suites...the one closet to WDW...medievil theme....ALOT of vareity at breakfast...pool.. we stayed here on my 2nd and 4th trip to WDW...very close about 10 minutes away.

When we stayed here 2000-2001 We left wed. after Christmas and drived back down the next Wed....Sunday was New Years' and even w/ that i think it was still less than $30 w/ a AAA discount

3)Days Inn....3rd trip....if you are looking at a map...its on the left side...there is not much traffic...i really like it...not that busy...nice pool....good breakfast.

Note: We used a AAA discount...it helps ALOT

Anna:)

Well

Big Pooh

I'll add my 2 cents also. This coming Dec I got the Clarion MG for $44.40 and every 3rd night for FREE.:D It's on 192 half a block from Entry Point Blvd/Sherberth Rd, which is a back door into WDW, close to AK. I got the price from www.hotelkingdom.com and they also have the Comfort Inn LBV for $33.90 per night, along with other good deals. Also, www.valuetrips.com has the Country Inn&Suites Calypso Cay for $49 per night from 8/25 to 12/24. Be aware that Calypso Cay is a resort that includes Amerisuites, Runaway Bay apts, and yes you can rent them, and a timeshare property. You are NOT required to take a timeshare tour or whatever they call it nowadays.:lol: Whatever you decide, have fun planning and going.

Cheers:wave:

Nut4Disney

This isn't for Orlando, but I just booked 3 nites in Chicago for this week. The hotel I'm using wanted $40 a nite more than what I got it for on hoteldiscounts.com. I would suggest trying a website like this first. :animwink:

lamarvenoy

Sheraton Inn Lakeside. W irlo bronson West side of 192. Very nice rooms with good tv's, fridges, all the usual lil stuff and usually under $50

sln88

howard johnson enchanted land?

anyone ever stay here?
is it a REAL dump?
I will just be there for 1 night, so it won't be the worst thing in the world if it does not work out

kerrbe01

I vote for Holiday Inn Family Suites

We just stayed there last week and for $109/nt we got free breakfast and dinner. It may cost more per night but you save a great deal of money on meals. On nights when we stayed late at the parks, we were still able to return to the hotel and have dinner or just a snack. This hotel is very convenient to the parks (we got to the parks in 5 - 10 minutes every day) and very convenient when you're tired and don't want to go out hunting for food . We brought home a large amount of the money we had budgeted for food at Disney. I also have coupons for a free Pizza Party at HIFS (which we used for lunch one day). If anyone is going to HIFS before 2/8/03, you can e-mail me at Kerrbe01@aol.com and give me your address and I will mail you one!

poemba

It was a clean and attractive property in 1997 and a neighbor
of mine stayed there in 1999, and it was fine. [/B][/QUOTE]

Correct
i like that hotel the most that i do stay there for the last
11 years,go left go to disney go right go to seaworld.universal
no trafic jams just straight the way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom