Off Season Dining

Court7812

Original Poster
We are getting read to head to Disney world mid next month and we have just about everything set up, except for dining reservations. We have never went during a slow time like in September and no one else thinks dining reservations would be necessary that time of the year. I would much rather be sure ahead of time if we are better off still making reservations anyway.

Prince-1

We are getting read to head to Disney world mid next month and we have just about everything set up, except for dining reservations. We have never went during a slow time like in September and no one else thinks dining reservations would be necessary that time of the year. I would much rather be sure ahead of time if we are better off still making reservations anyway.

I would make whatever reservations you can ASAP as there will be slim pickings if you don't. September is not a "slow" period in the way it used to be and most restaurants will be booked up by then if they are not already...at least the more popular ones.

Wendy Pleakley

Slow or not, reservations are still a must if you want to eat at the most popular restaurants and/or have control over when you eat.

Why wouldn't you make the reservations, just to be safe? You can always cancel or modify later.

Check out the dining website now, and it should be fairly obvious to what degree things are booked up.

Minnie Mum

Overall park numbers might be down slightly in Sept ( which is as close as you'll get to an "off season" at WDW). But walk ins or even same day ADRS at any of the more popular restaurants are never something you can take for granted. Free dining will ALWAYS guarantee that tables are filled. If there are any places you really want to eat at, cross all your fingers and book ASAP.

carriebeth

We always go mid september and there is little I could get a reservation for during the time we will be there if I tried right now. Granted, I have a party of 10 so that makes if more difficult and I never check to see what would be available for a party of like 2 or 4 or anything. I think if you tried booking today you would find many of the popular places already booked up with no availability or only very odd times available and I would definitely not just try to wing it while you are there.

Court7812

Original Poster
Hey, it wasnt my idea. I want to do the reservations but everyone is like naw, we wont need them. Went ahead and just did them anyways and had no problems getting places we would like a decent times for each day, so I would say we are set. Now to only convince the rest of my crew that it may not be as slow as they think

s&k'smom

Absolutely make ADR's. September can be slow, I've been in November before the holidays and have found more popular places very busy. Have fun

Dave B

Off topic just a bit, but I cannot find the thread

Reminder, can you trade in your desert for an appetizer on the Disney Dining Plan at your Table service meals?

Thx

JIMINYCR

Glad you went ahead and got your dining picks locked in. You would have dearly regretted missing out some great dining. Years ago Sept was fairly slow but no more. Our last Sept trip was very crowded and the competition for ADR's was fierce.

belledream

Off topic just a bit, but I cannot find the thread

Reminder, can you trade in your desert for an appetizer on the Disney Dining Plan at your Table service meals?

Thx
If you ask, there's a chance you may get lucky. But per the rules of the plan, no.

Eddie Garrison

As others have said, it's always best to get ADR's and if need be just cancel them. But it sounds like you already did which is great!

We rarely make any ADR's as it's just my wife and I, but that at times can not work out either. So if it's a spot we really want that day. Just easier to make the ADR's and cancel/modify if we don't make it or change our minds.

Also, depending on where you want to eat ... You have to remember that from August 25th through October 1st is also Magical Dining Month here in Orlando.

These are some of the Disney spots that are on it so there will be a bigger demand on these as well.

Boatwrights
Grand Floridian Cafe
Jiko
Morimoto
Paddlefish
STK
The Turf Club
The Wave

Court7812

Original Poster
I just want to update again that we are on our trip and compared to how its been every summer I have come, I would without a doubt define this as slow. Very much so compared to what I am used to. Granted, we did come just off of a hurricane... which, because of that our reservation got moved a few days so I had to cancel and move everything and I didnt reserve anymore dining again the second time, and I honestly dont need it. I havent had to wait any restaurant yet. Honestly dont think I need the fast passes either, but they are nice for our favorite rides, even if there is very little wait. As I said though, this could be because we are coming off of a hurricane. Maybe most people cancelled all together. Aside from hurricane issues previeously, this is a relatively nice time to go.

Tom 55

The slow times like September is when they do promotions to get more guest at Disney. One of the promos is Free Disney dining. When that happens all the TS restaurants are sold out. I had a conversation with another guest during Free disney dinning time. He came down from NJ spur of the moments and was complaining he could not just walk into any of the TS restaurants. They were already booked solid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom