Odd (yet helpful!) Packing Suggestions!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
DUCT TAPE .... Theres always something duct tape can be used for. ( A definite guy thing )
Asprin/ flu & cold meds ... Had to buy them at resort store... cost was extremely high
Pepto Bismol... Yup... sometimes Disney food or water can bring on a need for the pink tabs
Dish soap/ scrub brush ... To wash out the refillable mugs
Small pen Flashlight... To read menus at dark restaurant tables
Batteries... Always seem to die in the middle of trips
Power strips... Never enough electrical plugs in the room
Visine... Helps with strain... even though you've worn sunglasses
Ear plugs... Helps with sleep when theres noisy resort partiers
SOFT T. P. .... After a couple of days using Dis inferior t.p you'll wish you had.

I've thought about bringing my own TP since Disney uses sandpaper for theirs, but I didn't want to seem to be too OCD since I bring just about everything else. But since you do, there will be some Charmin visiting WDW with us next month..... :)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I've thought about bringing my own TP since Disney uses sandpaper for theirs, but I didn't want to seem to be too OCD since I bring just about everything else. But since you do, there will be some Charmin visiting WDW with us next month..... :)
We've gotten really good at figuring out how many rolls to pack/ # of days at Dis...:p Youd be surprised how many disney veterans do it.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We've gotten really good at figuring out how many rolls to pack/ # of days at Dis...:p Youd be surprised how many disney veterans do it.

Since we drive, it's no biggie to throw a pack of Charmin in the back. With all the stuff I bring - we do breakfast in our room - it looks like I'm moving in anyway. Why not include some comfie TP, too.

Upvote 0

LAM378

I am a huge fan of Bandaid Blister Block or Bodyglide for blister prevention. They resemble a clear solid deodorant stick. You rub it on your feet wherever you think you'd get blisters and it creates a barrier. I like it because it's easier than messing with moleskin and doesn't peek out of your shoes/sandals. I could never wear a pair of ballet flats for more than 10 minutes before I found this stuff. It's amazing.

I also bring a bottle of pump hand soap to any hotel, because I don't like washing my hands with bar soap.

And Ziplocs. Lots and lots of empty Ziplocs.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Wooden clothespins! Otherwise, hanging swimsuits on the over-the-shower clothesline is impossible (everything slides together in the middle). They're also great for keeping paperwork together and using as "chip clips."

Upvote 0

Mr Anderson

I am a huge fan of Bandaid Blister Block or Bodyglide for blister prevention. They resemble a clear solid deodorant stick. You rub it on your feet wherever you think you'd get blisters and it creates a barrier. I like it because it's easier than messing with moleskin and doesn't peek out of your shoes/sandals. I could never wear a pair of ballet flats for more than 10 minutes before I found this stuff. It's amazing.
I came here to suggest this wonderful stuff! Yes, this stuff is a GOD SEND! I discovered it before my last trip and ohhh it made SUCH a huge difference. For those of you that are worried, no it does not make your feet greasy or sticky or anything like that. You barely notice it's there at all. It is wonderful.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

A couple of paperback books, not for use in the parks, of course, but for those down times around the hotel pool when you need to take a break, cool off and relax. (If I don't have something entertaining to read, I usually get stressed out wondering what I SHOULD be doing instead of just sitting around!) That's just me, though. :lol:
THAT'S how old this resurrected thread is, I thought everybody's books are on e-readers or tablets or phones by now! :D

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

A great cooler full of ice cold sodas, that way you do not have to pay Disney for its huge mark-up. You come to your car for a break.

BTW - Disney World is the only place I know of (I mean all Disney Parks) where a can of beer costs less than a can of coca cola. :sohappy:

Okay, I think this is silly. Let's say you're at the Magic Kingdom, around Frontier Land and you want to take a break. So you catch the train back the Main Street. Get the monorail to the TTC, catch the tram back to your car, have a soda, maybe a sandwich and head back and do it all over in reverse. You have just wasted 2 hours of your day trying to save $2 on a soda. I'drather buy the soda at the first booth I see, take 5 minutes of my time and continue enjoying my day.:hammer: My 2 pennies, hope it didn't offend.

OK, I know these comments are so old they're practically preparing for their bar/bat mitzvah. But I just felt like sharing - when I was 7 my family and I (I was the youngest of 5) did a road trip to California to visit relatives and go to, among other places, Disneyland. My father bought a junked minibus, restored it, used it for the 3 day drive and throughout the trip, then sold it when we got home to cover most of the costs of the trip. Clever handy guy, that "old man" who at the time was younger than I am now. Anyway, one of my fondest memories of one of the days we spent at Disneyland, for all the fun we had, is heading back to the parking lot of a dinner of pre-made sandwiches, chips and soda at the minibus. My sister had sprained her ankle (and was in too much pain to be mean to me, so hooray) and we had borrowed a wheelchair from Guest Services ("I think we can cut on line with this Dad," "I'll kick your a$$ if you try."), my sister was in the bus so I sat in it while eating, popping wheelies in the lot, enjoying my ham and cheese, waiting on fireworks and feeling like all was swell.

Upvote 0
Thorlo socks are expensive but are worth every penny when you come home from Disney without blisters. Bug bands are very cheap and practical and I won't go to Florida without wearing them. I also bring a small pair of scissors, Scotch tape, and mini suction cup hooks for the shower to hold my loofah, razor, and shower cap.

Upvote 0

LondonGopher

For the Brits out there, any idea what the British for Moleskin is?? We don't have Moleskin in the UK

Yes, we do! Look on Amaz*n (didn't want to accidentally stick a live one in there). Type in "moleskin" and then select the health & beauty department. I've also bought it at Boots. It is a GODSEND for blisters...and if you are prone to them, you can use it prophylactically (snicker). :p

And to continue the thread bump...I bring a one-piece ("boilersuit" type) waterproof for DS (7). It is as light as a feather so I just pop it in my backpack and if it rains, no problem - it's also great for water rides if an outfit is precious.

The rainsuits are a lot easier for kids to manage than ponchos. Just remember a big Ziploc bag to put it in once it's been used!

Upvote 0

PARichards

And to continue the thread bump...I bring a one-piece ("boilersuit" type) waterproof for DS (7). It is as light as a feather so I just pop it in my backpack and if it rains, no problem - it's also great for water rides if an outfit is precious.

The rainsuits are a lot easier for kids to manage than ponchos. Just remember a big Ziploc bag to put it in once it's been used!

What are/where do I find these rainsuits?

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Wooden clothespins! Otherwise, hanging swimsuits on the over-the-shower clothesline is impossible (everything slides together in the middle). They're also great for keeping paperwork together and using as "chip clips."

You can also use them to clip the drapes together for more privacy, or to eliminate that one streak of sunlight/outdoor light that always seems to hit your face when you're trying to sleep.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I agree w/ you jc

but if u don't want to pay that $$ for a coke (usually about $2.50 for a 20 oz drink) then get a couple of bottles (water coke whatever) and at your hotel fill them w/ whatever drink you want...and/or refill them w/ water

OR freeze the coke overnight, and put them in your backpack (w/ a towel around it so it doesn't get everything in your pack wet) and bring it around to the parks

Or get a collapsable water bottle that fits in any pack and buy some liquid water flavoring if you want taste. Take it into the park, fill it at a water fountain, and then you have free drinks between meals.

Upvote 0

LondonGopher

What are/where do I find these rainsuits?

A rain suit is just a one-piece boiler suit (like a mechanic might wear) made of waterproof fabric. You can buy expensive Gore-Tex ones (these are heavy) or cheaper (and lighter) polyester-type ones. I usually go with those. DS's latest one was made by "Target Dry". He's 52" tall and wears a size 9-10.

It rains a lot here in England so they are everywhere and easy to find. We call them "rain suits" or "all in ones". If you're in America, I'd try Amaz*n, I got my kid's latest one from the UK version. It cost £10. I would never be without one for DS.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

No matter how hard I try at some point I end up dropping some food item on my clothes (amazing considering how big my mouth is). I always carry a Shout wipe in my pack to take care of my little messes so I don't end up coming out of a restroom looking like I just entered a wet t-shirt contest.

Same here - I am as messy as they come lol. Do the wipes work though?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom