Odd (yet helpful!) Packing Suggestions!

figmentmom

A couple of paperback books, not for use in the parks, of course, but for those down times around the hotel pool when you need to take a break, cool off and relax. (If I don't have something entertaining to read, I usually get stressed out wondering what I SHOULD be doing instead of just sitting around!) That's just me, though. :lol:

Upvote 0

frazierle

"Walking Socks" a friend of mine told me about them and I used them last time at disney and did not have any blisters. There a little different than standard white cotton socks. They are cotton but are thicker and just feel a little different. Most sporting goods stores have these, and I believe Wal Mart even carries them.

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by hockeymom
a travel pack of antibacterial "wet ones" or baby wipes
or even the antibacterial hand gel stuff a definite must for all of us germ-a-phobics!!
:)

Yes.... the antibacterial hand gel stuff...I picked some up before my trip...and it works great....there is a spray to...which is not as icky feeling as the gel... :)

Upvote 0

Camelot

Originally posted by figment99
My tip: bring plastic baggies for items you don't want to get wet, especially wallets. After a trip on the Kali River Rapids, it took four days for mine to dry out.

Oh, yes, baggies are ever so helpful to carry anything in, and don't take up space while you carry them around in your purse or tote bag, 'til you fill them. I carry various sizes, from sandwich size to gallon size.

I can never finish my Turkey Leg all at once so I pack it in a giant baggie, which keeps my hands as clean as possible.:slurp:

Upvote 0

Camelot

Originally posted by frazierle
"Walking Socks" a friend of mine told me about them and I used them last time at disney and did not have any blisters. There a little different than standard white cotton socks. They are cotton but are thicker and just feel a little different. Most sporting goods stores have these, and I believe Wal Mart even carries them.

I need to look into this. On my last trip, the socks I wore with my Reeboks, caused blisters on the bottom of the big toe on each foot, by about the 3rd day of park hopping. I had bandaids with me, so that cushioned the blisters some, but had the socks been softer, I don't think it would have caused blisters.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I pack my own Tide Tablets and Dryer sheets...much cheaper than buying them in the laundry...pack them in a plastic ziploc freezer style bag and no mess in the suitcases should something open. Also Bring along a roll or two of quarters. For me its easier to do laundry once or even twice (while dad swims w/kids) than it is to pack enough clothes for our 2 week trip...not to mention the amount of luggage we would have had on the last trip when we had 3 extra tag alongs with us (5 kids total that trip!)

also..I have to have my breath mints, handi wipes, hand gel and things of that nature..little things to make life easier!

and any cheap pins we got at the disney outlet in Missouri for the kids to trade w/CM's

Upvote 0

orangefan15

A cattle prod to make the obnoxious people that stop and block up the walkways move :drevil:

Just kidding, actually, I'd say a bottle of febreeze. This stuff has all sorts of uses...really helps if you are a non-smoker and end up in a smoking room...spray it on the curtains and some of the stale smoke smell goes away.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Headed out to Traget for Back to School shopping and since we have 36 more days I though I would start our WDW list as well. Oh yeah and we are going to Chichago for a 5 days in less than two weeks but I barley even think about that because I have DISNEY tunnel vision:)
So my odd packing items:
Hangers, we have a large family and saves so much space hanging things up. Most everything but socks, pj's and undies get hung up
Robe, it is very cute floral print and not see through but light weight doubles as a pool cover up
Plackerts, thoose floss tooth pick things. We use them all the time!
A ziplock bag full of dryer sheets, keeps clothes smelling good on drive home
Pillowcases
Clorox wipes. I wipe everything down while DH checks the rooms for bugs

I was giggling at one of the above posters keeping his block buster card at home, then I saw the date was 2002!

Upvote 0

docdebbi

i cannot believe this thread got this far without someone going with the disposable ponchos for the daily downpours. couldn't live without 'em

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Band aids or anything else to combat blisters, two pairs of good walking shoes, small packs of hand wipes and most important, patience and a sense of humor. However, that cattle prod Orange mentioned sounds like reasonable...

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I need to look into this. On my last trip, the socks I wore with my Reeboks, caused blisters on the bottom of the big toe on each foot, by about the 3rd day of park hopping. I had bandaids with me, so that cushioned the blisters some, but had the socks been softer, I don't think it would have caused blisters.

Me too - I always manage to get a blister on the bottom of the same toe.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

DUCT TAPE .... Theres always something duct tape can be used for. ( A definite guy thing )
Asprin/ flu & cold meds ... Had to buy them at resort store... cost was extremely high
Pepto Bismol... Yup... sometimes Disney food or water can bring on a need for the pink tabs
Dish soap/ scrub brush ... To wash out the refillable mugs
Small pen Flashlight... To read menus at dark restaurant tables
Batteries... Always seem to die in the middle of trips
Power strips... Never enough electrical plugs in the room
Visine... Helps with strain... even though you've worn sunglasses
Ear plugs... Helps with sleep when theres noisy resort partiers
SOFT T. P. .... After a couple of days using Dis inferior t.p you'll wish you had.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom