Odd (yet helpful!) Packing Suggestions!

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended

2 pairs of shoes-i love this trick for a few reasons 1) u are able to change w/ what u wear 2) if u get blisters u can change to make your feel more happy. 3) if u bring an extra light weight pair u can change after u have ridden a water ride

an extra pair of socks! i am not sure that (excluding my Dec 27-Jan4 2000-2001 trip) i have ever worn socks but anybody who has knows if your feet/socks get wet then u will want to change them..at least it feels better. also a new pair of socks often feels better during the middle of the day.....esp if your feet have been sweating

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
006 A small folding fan. (can be found in most Oriental Shops) Great for creating a slight breeze while standing in line; they're not as annoying (or as stupid looking)as those "mister" fan bottles. Sorry if I offended any of you bottle wearers, but really, can you honestly say they look attractive? ;) I don't mind sacrificing a little (or even a lot) of style for comfort, but I have to draw the line someplace. :lol:

Upvote 0

mickeyfanatics

A great cooler full of ice cold sodas, that way you do not have to pay Disney for its huge mark-up. You come to your car for a break.

BTW - Disney World is the only place I know of (I mean all Disney Parks) where a can of beer costs less than a can of coca cola. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

jcmayid

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
A great cooler full of ice cold sodas, that way you do not have to pay Disney for its huge mark-up. You come to your car for a break.
Okay, I think this is silly. Let's say you're at the Magic Kingdom, around Frontier Land and you want to take a break. So you catch the train back the Main Street. Get the monorail to the TTC, catch the tram back to your car, have a soda, maybe a sandwich and head back and do it all over in reverse. You have just wasted 2 hours of your day trying to save $2 on a soda. I'drather buy the soda at the first booth I see, take 5 minutes of my time and continue enjoying my day.:hammer: My 2 pennies, hope it didn't offend.

Upvote 0

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
I agree w/ you jc

but if u don't want to pay that $$ for a coke (usually about $2.50 for a 20 oz drink) then get a couple of bottles (water coke whatever) and at your hotel fill them w/ whatever drink you want...and/or refill them w/ water

OR freeze the coke overnight, and put them in your backpack (w/ a towel around it so it doesn't get everything in your pack wet) and bring it around to the parks

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
BTW - Disney World is the only place I know of (I mean all Disney Parks) where a can of beer costs less than a can of coca cola. :sohappy:

WDW is the only place where Becks is Cheaper than Budwieser...I was like WOW...how cool is that?!

anywhoo...
Yes! Baby powder is a must!

Ok...Mints...Altoids or Velamints...come in handy...if you have a bad taste in your mouth from a meal...or the water..(yuck!).. So I always have my lil tin of mints with me in the parks :)

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Jodigrl328
Item 002: A completely empty suitcase (or one filled with snacks that you will eat).

We just got back and had to carry those large Disney shopping bags for our purchases because we ran out of room. Did a little bit to much shopping.

I can't believe we are back already. :cry:

AGREED on this one... I folded up and packed an extra duffel bag...lol..cause I know I was going to be getting alot of stuff I regretted not getting on my last trip.... so I stuffed that puppy full on packing day...came in handy....then I went to the gift shop at our resort...bought some mickey luggage locks for like 4 bucks...and checked it on the flight Back home :)

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

3 of my favorite tips:

MOLESKIN--I cannot stress this enough. Common sense, if not experience, will tell you that with sore feet, WDW is no fun. Moleskin has saved every trip for me.

Pare down your wallet to the bare essentials. For me this is:
driver's license
room key
park admission media
credit card
cash
health insurance card

Leave at home:
photos of your dog
Blockbuster card
library card
frequent bagel buyer card
all other credit cards

neck straps for sunglasses are invaluable, because you will be yanking them on & off all day.

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

We always bring bottle water and granola bars to carry around the parks with us. The water tastes fine, even if its not cold and the granola bars keep us from spending as much on in between snacks as we do on regular meals. Even though the meals at WDW are huge and filling, we still find ourselves getting hungry in between and wanting all those great smelling snacks. :slurp:

Another good thing to pack is a hairbrush. I always take my hair brush and a ponytail holder b/c I live in FL and I know that it can get really muggy (especially after one of our frequent rain showers) which causes my hair to look a mess and be all frizzy. Who wants bad hair in their pictures? Not me!:eek:

I also pack a seperate change purse with lots of shiny pennies and lots of quarters for the penny smushers (penny press machines). My husband and I collect these. We have about 2 bookfulls of them:lol:

Upvote 0

Nurse Minnie

No matter how hard I try at some point I end up dropping some food item on my clothes (amazing considering how big my mouth is). I always carry a Shout wipe in my pack to take care of my little messes so I don't end up coming out of a restroom looking like I just entered a wet t-shirt contest.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I have found bringing those trial-sized "to go" packs of aleve or tylenol. You never know when a headache will hit you all of the sudden waiting in line. Big chains like Target and such carry a small little tube of 10. It's a must have, especially in the stifling heat.

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

Originally posted by sig

I find a travel pack of baby wipes come in handy for a variety of useful purposes...

Oh yes, and anti-bacterial hand gel!!!

Ok, this has nothing to do with my post but I want to use the Dr. Evil Smilie:drevil:

Upvote 0

GenerationX

A small, soft, insulated bag to hold water bottles.

We use an old baby bottle bag, and it holds 4 standard size water bottles. Each morning we put two bottles of cold water and two bottles of ice in the bag. By the time we've finished off the water bottles, the ice bottles have melted enough to start drinking them.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
MOLESKIN--I cannot stress this enough. Common sense, if not experience, will tell you that with sore feet, WDW is no fun. Moleskin has saved every trip for me.

Please help me on this one. I end up with blisters every trip. (Almost made it the whole time this last trip until my feet got wet watching ROE in the rain).

Anyway, what is Moleskin, and what does it do??

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom