Trip Report DELETE

krisri18

Well, the rate is $235.00 a night so I assume that the room is going to be overlooking the cratered entrance to hell:

View attachment 233182

Or if we escape the gate of hell, I guess it will be a parking lot view something like this -

View attachment 233183

That is not Animal Kingdom, but that's pretty much the view I'm expecting. ;)
On our first AKL stay, our view featured the thatched roof of the valet stand... which is lovely if you enjoy looking at straw.

Tony the Tigger

IMG_2899.PNG
IMG_2900.PNG

Ariel1986

Loved reading this pre-trip report from the start just now! How awesome and exciting all the parts that came together to make this trip. What a great score on AKL! Looking forward to reading the full report. Hopefully Phil Monster’s secret Disney love will grow even more with the AKL stay ;)

P.s. I love your calendar markings for the trip! :D

Songbird76

Well, everything is starting to fall into place for this, even though all of the money is starting to fall out of my bank account. Beans and rice for weeks here I come!

Oh, who cares. I'll eat properly in my next life.

So this Learning 2017 convention, in addition to having a block of rooms at Coronado for $179 a night, apparently has a block of rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge at the rate of $235.00 per night (!!)

Since Phil has already rejected Coronado, I asked the guy running this thing if there were any rooms left at AK. He wrote back within five minutes and said "There are only two left. Call quickly."

Well, it didn't help that I was in the middle of a workday, but I called asap, and the very, very, very friendly woman on the group reservation line was very upset to tell me that all rooms were sold out. :(

Great. Now what?

So I email this guy again and I say "Well, no luck. The last two rooms must have been taken. I guess I'll try to book a room off-site."

And less than five minutes later, he writes back and says:

"Hang on. We're going to find you as room."

Huhhhhhhh??????

All of the above took place between about 8AM and noon today, and noon is when I go to the gym on my lunch hour. So, I was on a treadmill trying to stave off middle age (too late) old age (almost too late) and death (AHHHHH!!) when I received the following email and almost fell off the treadmill and broke every bone in my body -

View attachment 233176

Yeah bad scan, but whooo-hooooo!!!!! They got me in to Animal Kingdom Lodge!

I have to admit that I didn't really see this ever coming together, but this trip is so totally on now! I even put it on the calendar!

View attachment 233177

And I did a little Disney towel happy dance!
View attachment 233178

Err, well, it doesn't look like a dance and it doesn't look happy, and to top it off, it's freaking blurry, but at least you get the idea: We're going back! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
OMG, I'm so excited for you!!! I wish I could go!!

Songbird76

Well, the rate is $235.00 a night so I assume that the room is going to be overlooking the cratered entrance to hell:

View attachment 233182

Or if we escape the gate of hell, I guess it will be a parking lot view something like this -

View attachment 233183

That is not Animal Kingdom, but that's pretty much the view I'm expecting. ;)
I would take that view and be grateful if it meant I was heading back to the World. I'm sure you would too. How much time are you going to spend gazing out the window, anyway?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom