Trip Report DELETE

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
@BuddyThomas I've never heard an American saying naw for no. I'm Glasgow born and bred and I always think we are the only ones who say that lol.

You'll get "naw" and "nah" both in the Northeastern US. I've often seen the Scots version written as "nae", or is that just artistic license? :)

I'm a New Yorker born of Irish immigrant parents, so my accent/slang is all messed up. ;)

susan lees

You'll get "naw" and "nah" both in the Northeastern US. I've often seen the Scots version written as "nae", or is that just artistic license? :)

I'm a New Yorker born of Irish immigrant parents, so my accent/slang is all messed up. ;)
Yes nae is also common. In Glasgow if I ask someone something and their answers is no they might say to me 'naw hen' or 'nae chance' lol.

monykalyn

We just stayed at Coronado in August-non refurbished room, right by quiet pool closest to construction. Didn't bother us at all- still a beautiful resort! And I'd take that resort under construction vs CBR (which looks like a demolition zone and IS a demo zone- my daughter works there). I don't trust yelp reviews much. Trip advisor gives 3.5 stars and most knock it down a bit for the perceived walking distance.
Yay for cheap flights! I'm going to visit my kid in 2 weeks because I found Frontier flights for $39. Even with a checked bag can't pass it up:D

Tony the Tigger

Well, everything is starting to fall into place for this, even though all of the money is starting to fall out of my bank account. Beans and rice for weeks here I come!

Oh, who cares. I'll eat properly in my next life.

So this Learning 2017 convention, in addition to having a block of rooms at Coronado for $179 a night, apparently has a block of rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge at the rate of $235.00 per night (!!)

Since Phil has already rejected Coronado, I asked the guy running this thing if there were any rooms left at AK. He wrote back within five minutes and said "There are only two left. Call quickly."

Well, it didn't help that I was in the middle of a workday, but I called asap, and the very, very, very friendly woman on the group reservation line was very upset to tell me that all rooms were sold out. :(

Great. Now what?

So I email this guy again and I say "Well, no luck. The last two rooms must have been taken. I guess I'll try to book a room off-site."

And less than five minutes later, he writes back and says:

"Hang on. We're going to find you as room."

Huhhhhhhh??????

All of the above took place between about 8AM and noon today, and noon is when I go to the gym on my lunch hour. So, I was on a treadmill trying to stave off middle age (too late) old age (almost too late) and death (AHHHHH!!) when I received the following email and almost fell off the treadmill and broke every bone in my body -

View attachment 233176

Yeah bad scan, but whooo-hooooo!!!!! They got me in to Animal Kingdom Lodge!

I have to admit that I didn't really see this ever coming together, but this trip is so totally on now! I even put it on the calendar!

View attachment 233177

And I did a little Disney towel happy dance!
View attachment 233178

Err, well, it doesn't look like a dance and it doesn't look happy, and to top it off, it's freaking blurry, but at least you get the idea: We're going back! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yaaaaay!! You are going to love AKL. The bar is like right there. On the way to/from Jiko? Pass the bar. On the way to/from Boma? Pass the bar. On the way to the gym, pass the bar.

It's like a game!

I have no tickets. :(:(

Phil has to love AKL. It's impossible not to.

Do you know if you got Savannah view?

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Yaaaaay!! You are going to love AKL. The bar is like right there. On the way to/from Jiko? Pass the bar. On the way to/from Boma? Pass the bar. On the way to the gym, pass the bar.

It's like a game!

Well, the rate is $235.00 a night so I assume that the room is going to be overlooking the cratered entrance to hell:

Hell.jpg

Or if we escape the gate of hell, I guess it will be a parking lot view something like this -

parking lot view.jpg

That is not Animal Kingdom, but that's pretty much the view I'm expecting. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Buddy, it all depends on timing: when people check in and check out. You might just luck out with a savannah view, (or a partial view--I've seen some images of those from other forum members). But even if your actual room does not have a savannah view, there are so many places all over the lodge, that have ceiling to floor windows with views to the savannahs.

Figgy1

Premium Member

It's like a game!

You forgot Sanaa is staggering distance and has a bar in which you can get bread service to sop up the booze:joyfull: You also forgot to mention the pool bar. Looks like we may get the Full Monty TR:angelic:

Princess Leia

It's ON ,everyone! It's very short (GRRR), but it's on. JetBlue was having a sale tonight for round-trip tickets from NYC for $136.00 each. I have not seen a price like that in a long time. And that is impossible to resist. Flights are booked!!!!!

And PS - Don't make fun of my "real" name. My nickname has been Buddy since I was 2 years old. ;)
View attachment 232092
I kind of guessed your real name was Thomas since it’s in your username here lol :)

So happy for you though!! Enjoy!

lostpro9het

Well, the rate is $235.00 a night so I assume that the room is going to be overlooking the cratered entrance to hell:

View attachment 233182

Or if we escape the gate of hell, I guess it will be a parking lot view something like this -

View attachment 233183

That is not Animal Kingdom, but that's pretty much the view I'm expecting. ;)
I think its one of the inside rooms with a window that overlooks the Boma buffet hoards as they...eat. But don't worry, its one-way glass so they cant see you seeing them ;-)

Tony the Tigger

IMG_2547.JPG

Here ya go. This was our "standard view" room as mentioned in our recent trip report.

Our new favorite cast member said it was technically a "partial view" but they don't up charge for it. You saw the pictures from my trip report. I don't know what was "partial" about it, and they did a lot of feeding in that area so we were always seeing animals out the window.

Not gonna lie, the way I got it was slightly manipulative. I went old-school check in at the front desk even though I had gotten the text that the room was ready.

She showed me on the map where my original room was which was a view of the pool.

I asked how much extra it would cost to get on the other side where the animals are, and it would've been an extra hundred dollars a night.

That's when she came up with the suggestion of that partial view room #3528. Don't be afraid to just ask for that room number!

IMG_2451.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

Oops. That last one is my own animal.
:hilarious:

But seriously, save that number 3528 picture on your phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom