Trip Report DELETE

SSH

So, thank you @SSH for the idea. They DO have a convention code rate: $175 per night for Coranado, and they still have a bunch of rooms available. The guy running this is happy to give me the rate. Who-hoo!!!
Awesome! Glad it worked out. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Coronado on these boards...even if PM doesn't go, why should you miss out? You'll have a blast.

DisneyGigi

So, thank you @SSH for the idea. They DO have a convention code rate: $175 per night for Coranado, and they still have a bunch of rooms available. The guy running this is happy to give me the rate. Who-hoo!!!

But then Phil found this:

https://m.yelp.com/biz/disneys-coronado-springs-resort-orlando-2

Okay. What do you have to do to receive an overall rating of 2.5 stars on Yelp?? That's pretty horrible.

Phil said "NOPE!"

And I said "Well I'm not exactly in a position to pay over $2,000 a night for Grand Floridian!"

Grrr.

Current issues:

We can get a good rate at Coranado, but bad Yelps have made Phil pull a veto.

Since resorts are so full, parks may be mobbed.

I'm going to guess that Fast Passes for anything at Pandora are all gone at this point.

This is not dead just yet but trip chances have dropped to about 60%.

For what it is worth, I absolutely love Coronado! We stayed there 3 different trips. Old Key West was nicer in a 1 br villa but I missed the walking around you can do at Coronado, and the fireworks are gorgeous there. (Pre construction, haven't been since it started) I also enjoyed the food and bar there more than Old Key West. If I wasn't staying deluxe in the future, Coronado would be my pick. It is very clean and the staff are great there.

JenTen1585

Try Caribbean Beach? It looks like there is availability at the end of October and while it's not on sale, the rate isn't horrible. We had to cancel our trip during Irma (booooooooo!!!!!) which we had booked at the Yacht Club for a great rate. Unfortunately, the rates went up so we're trying out Caribbean Beach this weekend for the first time.
I would totally stay at Coronado Springs - haven't tried there yet, but honestly, is anything in Disney bad?

JamieLee18

Woohoo! Can't wait to read about all the shenanigans (there better be shenanigans).

I'm surprised to see CS has such a low rating on yelp, I stayed there in Dec 2015 and enjoyed it. Thought it was very nice and clean, didn't experience any of the things mentioned in the negative reviews.

bee

YAY you're going back! I'm here to echo the Coronado support. It's my favorite moderate resort and I've stayed at all of them now! The grounds and facilities are beautiful, and the walking didn't bother us one bit. What do Yelp-ers know anyway?

PS You have an awesome name, "real" or otherwise.

Figgy1

Premium Member
First of all, thinking of Irma and praying for everyone in Florida. Stay safe, everyone.

************************************************************************************************

So you know how I said that I would be going down because one of my clients got commissioned to write and perform a song at an education event in Orlando? Well, this week, I got the contract, and this thing is not only taking place in Orlando, it is taking place at Walt Disney World!!!!

WHHHHAAATTTT????

That's right. It takes place at Coronado Springs Resort, in the conference center. When I saw that, I nearly fell down. I immediately emailed one of the producers of the event and asked if the entire conference was taking place at WDW.

He said "Yes, and if you come, we have a ticket for you to be our guest at Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT."

Double WHHHHHAAATTTTTTT????

Okay. Now there is no reason not to go. In fact, it would be a crime not to go.

I told Phil about all of this, and he sort of just stared at me as if I told him I had to go to the dentist to get a tooth pulled.

BUT!!!.................And I wish I took a picture of this.

I was walking past his home "office" and he was at the computer, and guess what he was looking at?

The Disney World resort perusal/reservation pages!

I said "What the?!?!?"

And he closed the window as if I had caught him looking at ****.

He said - "Well, if we have to go....."

I said - ""Technically, you are not even invited."

And then I get wounded puppy dog look. GRRRR.

This is what I am dealing with. I think he has fun playing this character that hates Disney when he secretly likes it.

But anyway, this trip is so on. And apparently PhilMonster is going to come, especially if I can get my job to spring for my plane ticket. After all, they are getting commission from this song deal, so it's a business expense, right? ;)

I'm still trying to get my "unique offer code" to give me an actual offer, but I think that as soon as it does, this trip might be booked!

More soon.

Again - anyone in Florida right now (or anyone in the path of this lunatic named Irma), please stay safe.
Sorry I'm late to the party and seeing you caught the Philmonster looking at straight take me instead LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom