Trip Report DELETE

Princess Leia

Okay.

Again. If this all happens, it will be a miracle, but now I have all the details of this education event that might bring me down there next month:

https://www.learning2017.com/

What the?!?!?! John Lithgow? Michelle Obama? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

It all seems to be taking place at Coronado Springs Resort. 1600 people attending so far. I had no idea they had such a big convention center there. But I guess they do.

My issue at the moment is that I cannot find a room. Disney mailed me a 30% off pin code, but as of tonight, here is all they have for the dates I need:

Contemporary - $1080 per night - I save $200!! (seriously?? If I could afford $1080 a night, I could afford the original rate, so what is the point, except to make me feel very poor??)

All Stars - $119.00 (down from $140) - I would do it but Phil would have a stroke if I made him stay there, and I would NEVER be allowed to go again.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - $969 per night - down from $1077 per night. Are they insane??? Does this include rides on camels and bunny rabbits and baby tigers get to sleep in our bed, and we are awakened each morning by tropical birds who fly through the window to perform Tiki Room??

I'm so frustrated. Must go on this trip. Why are rates so high?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
1. That's quite the difference between room options. Either the super expensive fancy rooms.... or the All Stars? That doesn't seem right :(

2. Say hi to Michelle for me!!!! I met her once about 7 years ago (albeit briefly, and she has no idea who I am, but she's a nice lady).

SSH

No special event code rate for Coronado? Event directors always have a block of rooms set aside for attendees that you won't see avail on the website. If not, there are nice Marriotts and Hyatts offsite w/uber. I love the bubble as much as anyone, but those are insane prices. :eek:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I was walking past his home "office" and he was at the computer, and guess what he was looking at?

The Disney World resort perusal/reservation pages!

I said "What the?!?!?"

And he closed the window as if I had caught him looking at ****.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I'm so frustrated. Must go on this trip. Why are rates so high?

We share your frustration. How are we supposed to get a Buddy Thomas trip report if Buddy can't get to WDW? Unfortunately, the Food & Wine Festival is responsible. I even checked DVC rooms--I would have been happy to rent you my points so you could go--but there's nothing available for more than 2 nights.

prfctlyximprct

Sending all the positive disney vibes I can your way!!! You must get down there!!!!!!!!! Do it for the good of the people of WDWmagic! Doesn't the Philmonster know the people want reports! We want you to be locked out of places in the nude, drunk photos from around the world, and water bottles filled with anything but water. :)

cfry06

This is actually a great idea. I'll ask the guy who is running this thing tomorrow, although he is already giving me a free pass to EPCOT for Food and Wine, so I hope he doesn't think I'm taking advantage. :angelic:

So excited for you! I hope it works out!! I know the 30% sounds like the best, but it might have limited availability. Did you happen to check the WDW site for alternate offers? I looked a few moments ago, and it looked like Saratoga was available for 335/night under the 20% off offer for fall. The offsite resorts/uber might still be better, but wanted to pass along!

Tony the Tigger

As if you're not going to get another AP within the next fifteen seconds. ;)

I'm trying very hard not to! Every ten minutes they're sending me a 15% off renewal offer and reminders of everything I'll miss!

But we've really got to start seeing other vacation spots. Or at least take a Disney cruise for a change of pace LOL.

:hilarious: - but in all seriousness, those rates are unbelievable!!! $969 a night for AKL? Wow.

I wish I had some ideas for you, but they have mostly been said: stay offsite in a decent place, check rates without the pin code (but with other discounts) or ask your friend Tony from Florida who has no annual pass anymore to rent a double room with Florida resident rates and share it with you! (No, no! Bad Tony! See other vacation destinations! I need a Disney shock collar!)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Coronado has a 2.5 on Yelp? I am surprised at that. I wonder if it has to do with the construction at all. I really enjoyed our stay at the Coronado (and that was before they refurbed the rooms) and I think @JenniferS likes that resort a lot too. She just did her live report from there. Maybe you should show Phil some of her photos.

Tony the Tigger

So, thank you @SSH for the idea. They DO have a convention code rate: $175 per night for Coranado, and they still have a bunch of rooms available. The guy running this is happy to give me the rate. Who-hoo!!!

But then Phil found this:

https://m.yelp.com/biz/disneys-coronado-springs-resort-orlando-2

Okay. What do you have to do to receive an overall rating of 2.5 stars on Yelp?? That's pretty horrible.

Phil said "NOPE!"

And I said "Well I'm not exactly in a position to pay over $2,000 a night for Grand Floridian!"

Grrr.

Current issues:

We can get a good rate at Coranado, but bad Yelps have made Phil pull a veto.

Since resorts are so full, parks may be mobbed.

I'm going to guess that Fast Passes for anything at Pandora are all gone at this point.

This is not dead just yet but trip chances have dropped to about 60%.

Forget yelp in this case. Tell him Tony said Coronado is just fine, we stayed there once, no issues.

It's more "convention center-y" (read: fewer children.)

Most complaints revolve around walking distances. You are our age and no kids, so no issues there. Plus you can request a room near transportation if that's important.

Trust me, it's fine!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Forget yelp in this case. Tell him Tony said Coronado is just fine, we stayed there once, no issues.

It's more "convention center-y" (read: fewer children.)

Most complaints revolve around walking distances. You are our age and no kids, so no issues there. Plus you can request a room near transportation if that's important.

Trust me, it's fine!
I can second that. We stayed a few years back and really enjoyed it. Room was nice and we liked the dining selections. I agree that most bad reviews on yelp are probly due to walking distances.

this is how we do birthdays in my house: Cake, champagne, balloons, and presents wrapped in last year's Christmas paper. ;)
Christmas is the birthday of Jesus, so technically it was "birthday wrapping paper"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom