October 21, 2015 regarding Back to the Future!!!

CWJ99

Original Poster
I've heard a rumour floating around that on Wednesday October 21, 2015 Universal is planning to show the Back to the Future ride film replacing the current Simpsons film as a tribute to the old ride on that particular day. I really dont know how much substance their is to this rumour, but so far there have been no official announcements proving this to be true. There really is no evidence to back this up either, but according to a source of mine fast passes for the ride have been blacked out on that day which leads me to believe their is something going on. I have not checked to verify any of this imformation personally. The only thing I can say is that my excitement for this is very high and my expectations for this being true are very low. My love for Universal has kind of faded over the years as they have removed or changed most of the attractions that I grew up with like, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Nickelodeon, The Horror Make up show, Hanna Barberra, Kongfrontation, Earthquake and of Course my favorite ride of Back to the Future. I can certainly understand that over time some of the rides popularity and lifespan of film franchise start to fade and grow old so therefore room must be made for bigger and better rides based on newer and more exciting film franchises. This is why I tend to fare a bit more towards Disney because most of the rides and attractions are timeless and when built have the ability to still thrill and wow guests 30 or 40 years later. My hopes are with Universal reviving the Kong concept and bringing it over to Islands of Adventure that it will prove old film and ride concepts can certainly be updated and made into brand new thrilling attractions. A good example of this is over at Disney with a new land based on Star Wars and of course the Little Mermaid attraction, both concepts more than 20 years old, but still loved by people all over the world and still popular enough to build themed lands and attractions years after they are introduced to the public. I hope one day Universal will follow this idea again and bring Back to the Future back to the parks, but in a brand new state of the art thrill ride. There are some pictures surfacing the web showing off a delorean themed rollercoaster that supposedly uses new virtual reality technology to supply the visuals, if this is true I cant wait to see what the future will hold once again for Universal. Im already looking forward to next year when they will open the new Skull Island: Reign of Kong, Im sure it will prove to be a one of a kind attraction and quite unlike anything we have seen yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom