Trip Report Observations from recent 8 day stay

Just back from 8 great days. Split time between our timeshare (Sheraton Vistana Villages) and the Beach Club Villas. This was our 10th Disney-versary having gone every year for the last 10 with our DD's.

We had a great trip, some observations:

Crowds continue to get bigger and bigger in early May, when we first started going the crowds seemed very light, but every year it seems more and more people are realizing what a great time of year it is to visit.

Used Fastpass+ for the first time and I'm not 100% sold on it. I do like that we were able to ensure getting on the rides we wanted to but it seemed like we missed a lot of things while waiting for FP+ windows. Maybe I still have to fine tune my selections but just seemed like we weren't able to accomplish as much.

We ate at the Flying Fish for the first time and I have to say it was AMAZING, we LOVE Jiko and still rate it as our favorite restaurant on property, but Flying Fish is a close second, we are already looking forward to going again. With Kouzzina closing Flying Fish will certainly be part of our regular rotation moving forward.

The food booths for Flower & Garden are a great addition. My wife and I are HUGE Food & Wine fans and I think Disney got it right by adding some at that "flavor" to Flower & Garden.

Magic Bands worked to perfection the entire trip, not one issue.

Last but not least we were selected to be Grand Marshall's for the Festival of Fantasy Parade!!! It was one of the best Disney experiences EVER!! My DD's, now 13 and 11, were beyond THRILLED. They still remember on our first trip 10 years ago being picked to "start" Illuminations one night, what a way to celebrate 10 years at Disney!!

mrdrift

Thank you for your report, can you tell me what you liked about the Flying Fish restaurant, my wife would like to go there on our next trip? Glad to hear that your family had a great time at the parks.

mbtohill

Original Poster
Thank you for your report, can you tell me what you liked about the Flying Fish restaurant, my wife would like to go there on our next trip? Glad to hear that your family had a great time at the parks.

We enjoyed EVERYTHING about the Flying Fish. The service was impeccable. The food was amazing. I had the scallops, my wife had the Tuna and my DD's had the salmon and a pasta dish that were all just outstanding. I would HIGHLY recommend it!!!

mrdrift

We enjoyed EVERYTHING about the Flying Fish. The service was impeccable. The food was amazing. I had the scallops, my wife had the Tuna and my DD's had the salmon and a pasta dish that were all just outstanding. I would HIGHLY recommend it!!!
Thank you for the information, it's always good to hear about a great dinning experience with excellent food. It's a little funny because when my wife and I were looking at the menu we choose the the same as you guys but we each chose the opposite of what you guys have chosen. Thanks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom