NY Post Article

Chef Mickey

None taken because it's my experience that that's a very true statement. :cry:
It's just a tough field to earn a lot of money in, right? I don't know many English majors, but the ones I do are all teachers. I did know a guy that was an English major and published for some magazine and did OK.

Most of the money is made in corporate and there just don't seem to be a lot of them unless it's part of the business. Even then, I'm sure the execs take all the writers' works and take all the credit and all the money that goes along with it.

Matt_Black

I became an English major because I like writing. That... hasn't panned out yet. People ask, "Why don't you become a teacher?" Because I don't want to. All the other jobs for English Majors either would require more school for me or are boring, or both (hello, editing!).

Ben_since_1971

And ultimately, she probably can't afford to go as an English major. No offense to anyone here who might be an English major.

None taken. But I can afford to go because my English degree hangs on my wall and watches over me while I program computers for a living :). I would love to be a writer, but seeing what my cousin (who is an author) goes through, I would rather deal with zeros and ones :p.

Chef Mickey

None taken. But I can afford to go because my English degree hangs on my wall and watches over me while I program computers for a living :). I would love to be a writer, but seeing what my cousin (who is an author) goes through, I would rather deal with zeros and ones :p.
Nice work recognizing you needed to make a move. Always better than digging your heels in!

HollyAD

This article annoys me and I'm sure that I lost a few brain cells reading it. I'm so sick of these anti disney people bashing Disney. However, this one is offensive to the WDW visitors. Omg I'm of the middle class. How could I ever afford to spend $30 on my dinner? Wait... I must not deserve to spend a little money and enjoy my love for Disney.

Matt_Black

Yeah, that's a common, irritating thing from the upper class. "If they're poor, why spend money on entertainment?" A) Because otherwise life would be endless toil. B) The stuff rich people blow THEIR money on? You do NOT get to be telling me about not blowing my money on frivolous pursuits.

JasonP

Of course it's a snarky article. It's the NYPost, a rag. Plain and simple. I am from NY and wouldn't use that paper to do my windows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom