NY Post Article

DisneyMusician2

I think the article was complimentary of the fact that Disney has implemented the system they have so effectively, but questions whether spending the money to experience cookie-cutter experiences is worth the money when 'real' things are out there to be seen.

It is more a condemnation of the theme park mentality than Disney itself.

Chef Mickey

tumblr_lm0h55WjoG1qdlkgg.gif

kap91

It continues to baffle me why people who clearly don't get or like theme parks decide to write about them.

I don't complain about your snobby, expensive Manhattan restaurants - really if you're going to complain about Disney don't complain about the essence of what it is. It would be like me going to a football game and complaining that all there was to see was men throwing a ball around and cheap fast food.

Like really, if all you see are screaming kids, inflated price tags, and kitsch you're not paying attention to what's in front of your nose. Or perhaps it's just not for you. A weeklong vacation to Yosemite doesn't appeal to me much but I'm not about to denigrate the whole thing.

Last edited:

DisneyMusician2

It continues to baffle me why people who clearly don't get or like theme parks decide to write about them.

I don't complain about your snobby, expensive Manhattan restaurants - really if you're going to complain about Disney don't complain about the essence of what it is. It would be like me going to a football game and complaining that all there was to see was men throwing a ball around and cheap fast food.
I think you're absolutely right, I just think that you slap Disney pictures and quotes on an article like that instead of focusing on the positives of the other options presented, and it sells papers and get readership. Pure publicity. And we're no better, cause we the Disney nerds all feel the need to discuss it.

So Mission Accomplished I suppose!

Lucky

The writer is a Harvard English major. She wanted to take her kids to WDW but was embarrassed about doing it. The article reassures her friends and family that she's still among the elite who looks down on theme parks. She didn't inhale; she didn't enjoy it; she didn't break the norms of her subculture. She just went there as an anthropologist to observe the primitive natives and report back to her newspaper.

Fizban

All I can say for the writer is that she obviously didn't get it, still doesn't get it, and will most likely never get it. The poor woman.

MickeyPeace

The writer is a Harvard English major. She wanted to take her kids to WDW but was embarrassed about doing it. The article reassures her friends and family that she's still among the elite who looks down on theme parks. She didn't inhale; she didn't enjoy it; she didn't break the norms of her subculture. She just went there as an anthropologist to observe the primitive natives and report back to her newspaper.

A Havard English major writing for the NY Post.

Um.....wow... Are you sure she didn't go to Harvard Community College?

Rachel S1321

I wonder how she can tell just by looking at somebody that they're working class and had to spend their entire life savings to be there.

I think she could tell because she was the only one in the park that day that could afford a "disabled" person guide so she could sneak on to the rides faster :) Who has time to wait in line with the working class??? But in all seriousness her article was awful!

Chef Mickey

And ultimately, she probably can't afford to go as an English major. No offense to anyone here who might be an English major.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom