NY Port Fall 2016

ChuckElias

What kind of information are you looking for, Alissa? I've sailed on the Magic out of NYC in 2012, so I have some memories of what it was like. Are you looking for parking info? Scheduled sailings? Nearby hotels for a pre-night stay?

alissafalco

Original Poster
What kind of information are you looking for, Alissa? I've sailed on the Magic out of NYC in 2012, so I have some memories of what it was like. Are you looking for parking info? Scheduled sailings? Nearby hotels for a pre-night stay?
Yes mainly parking info, bag drop off etc. We would be driving in from Long Island. Im looking into the sailing in the fall 2016.

ChuckElias

Alissa, there's parking right at the pier and it's pretty easy to get to. Well, it was easy coming from Connecticut. I don't know exactly what your route would be from Long Island. But there is parking right there for $30/day.

As for baggage, I'm drawing a bit of a blank. But I think we gave it to the porters outside the terminal. I'm pretty sure that we didn't have any luggage with us when we were in the terminal's waiting area. That was a good thing because the DCL desk was all the way at the far end of the terminal when we were there.

alissafalco

Original Poster
Alissa, there's parking right at the pier and it's pretty easy to get to. Well, it was easy coming from Connecticut. I don't know exactly what your route would be from Long Island. But there is parking right there for $30/day.

As for baggage, I'm drawing a bit of a blank. But I think we gave it to the porters outside the terminal. I'm pretty sure that we didn't have any luggage with us when we were in the terminal's waiting area. That was a good thing because the DCL desk was all the way at the far end of the terminal when we were there.
Thats actually what I was wondering. Can we drive up drop off bags and then go park? And not have to lug bags? I would think so right?

ChuckElias

Thats actually what I was wondering. Can we drive up drop off bags and then go park? And not have to lug bags? I would think so right?
I would think so, but I can't tell you for sure, b/c we just got dropped off. We didn't have to park. So I don't know if they had porters at the parking spots. Sorry :(

alissafalco

Original Poster
Ok, here's what I found through a quick online search:

Passengers arriving by private car should first park, and then drop off luggage on the second level for check-in. Passengers requiring parking are unable to drop off bags and then park without exiting the terminal.

There might be even more answers at the website: http://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/
grrrrrrr :mad::mad:

but thank you so much for finding out the info

alissafalco

Original Poster
Ok, here's what I found through a quick online search:

Passengers arriving by private car should first park, and then drop off luggage on the second level for check-in. Passengers requiring parking are unable to drop off bags and then park without exiting the terminal.

There might be even more answers at the website: http://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/
Maybe the second level isn't far? I hope..

ChuckElias

Maybe the second level isn't far? I hope..
No, the second level is essentially the roof of the terminal building, which is where you park. So it's not far at all. It's just "upstairs" from where you'll be checking in for your cruise.

So from the street, you would go "up" the ramp, instead of straight to the main terminal entrance. Once you're up the ramp, there are parking lots (plural) available. I'm guessing that you'll have to drag your luggage to the door of the building, where the porters will take it.

alissafalco

Original Poster
No, the second level is essentially the roof of the terminal building, which is where you park. So it's not far at all. It's just "upstairs" from where you'll be checking in for your cruise.

So from the street, you would go "up" the ramp, instead of straight to the main terminal entrance. Once you're up the ramp, there are parking lots (plural) available. I'm guessing that you'll have to drag your luggage to the door of the building, where the porters will take it.
ok, Thank you so much for all of your help :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm booked on the Oct. 2, 2016 sailing to Canada.

Although I heard a rumor that there might be a DVC member cruise sailing to Canada the week before, in which case I'll probably switch.

alissafalco

Original Poster
I'm booked on the Oct. 2, 2016 sailing to Canada.

Although I heard a rumor that there might be a DVC member cruise sailing to Canada the week before, in which case I'll probably switch.
I wanted to book that cruise but it's sold out!! Aww too bad, I waited too long :(:(

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I wanted to book that cruise but it's sold out!! Aww too bad, I waited too long :(:(

Well, if the DVC rumor is true, and I am going to switch, I'll let you know so you can grab my room!

That Oct. 2 cruise booked up really fast. I also booked the Nov. repositioning cruise to San Juan because I couldn't decide between the two of them, but we're definitely going to Canada.

alissafalco

Original Poster
Well, if the DVC rumor is true, and I am going to switch, I'll let you know so you can grab my room!

That Oct. 2 cruise booked up really fast. I also booked the Nov. repositioning cruise to San Juan because I couldn't decide between the two of them, but we're definitely going to Canada.
What are you doing for parking? It's $35 a day at the port :eek::eek:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
What are you doing for parking? It's $35 a day at the port :eek::eek:

Ouch!! We'll probably have my sister-in-law drop us off. Or we could take Metro-North down and take a cab from Grand Central. It's easier for us because we're only two and will have only one suitcase each.

I guess round-trip car service from LI would cost as much as the parking, right?

alissafalco

Original Poster
Ouch!! We'll probably have my sister-in-law drop us off. Or we could take Metro-North down and take a cab from Grand Central. It's easier for us because we're only two and will have only one suitcase each.

I guess round-trip car service from LI would cost as much as the parking, right?
That works out well for you. Yeah round trip cab from LI is pretty much the same grrr

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom