Nursery

EOD K9

Original Poster
Hey Gang, even though my next cruise is not until early next year, I am in my early pre-pre-planning stages. Does anyone have any recent experiences with the nursery? If nobody has any recents, please feel free to share any experiences. I am trying to get a general rough idea of what to expect and how to plot time on the ship. Thanks in advance.

rick3236

I responded to you in the other thread. Our son, who turns four in November has been on 4 cruises and on all of them has been in the nursery. The nursery cast is awesome and the nursery is a colorful and peaceful area with two rooms one for playing and a quiet area for sleeping. I can answer any specific questions you have, but I will tell you that my son loves the nursery.

fltink

Our then 1 year old used the nursery on the Wonder a couple of times back in September of 2013. We never had any problem getting reservations, in fact, one of the times, we just walked in and they said they could take him. I found the cast to be polite, friendly and caring. They listened very carefully to our instructions and were cautious about his egg allergy. We felt like it was very safe and secure, having to show our room keys and give the password when we picked him up. Now, we were lucky because being a September cruise, there were very few kids on our sailing, so he was typically one of two or three kids in the nursery, so he got spoiled, but I wouldn't hesitate to use the nursery again.

Hope that helps!

atrus79

@EOD K9 My wife, 21 month old son and I just finished up a cruise on the Fantasy and we used the nursery. Prior to the trip, my wife (who is a skeptic about everything) refused to think we would leave our son at he nursery. She agreed to 2 hours for a Palo dinner and that was it ... nothing else, its a family vacation after all. All that changed after we picked him up after our Palo dinner ... he had an amazing time and the staff was fantastic. We ended up doing a Mixology class, catching some rays on deck and even a movie over the cruise and everytime we went to get him, he never wanted to leave ... they really were great. Last but not least, the night before we left, we received a small surprise at our stateroom ... I'll leave the details so it will be a surprise for you as well, but the staff at It's a Small World Nursery on the Fantasy was amazing ... Brie took to my son instantly and the comfort level we had with them was amazing. On a side note, he does not go to daycare or school ... this was the first time he was with someone other than family, so it was a big thing ... but we were more than pleased and the experience helped us to decide to book another cruise next year.

Hope this helps reinforce what you've read!

EOD K9

Original Poster
@atrus79 Thank you so very much for your post. It is definitely a help. They'll be ten months old but I am sure the CMs there do a great job regardless of age. It will be nice to have some time with my wife and in-laws without the kids. Our game plan is similar...just a few hours a day, then go from there. Thanks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom