Number 259

TwoFiftyTwo

Original Poster
I met a fantastically goofy and funny girl at a Walt Disney World casting call, last Thursday (April 24th), and I really would like to find her. I was number '252' in the second phase of cuts, and she stood right next to me at '259'. We were in the next to last row of people, so I struck up a conversation with her by commenting that she looked EXACTLY like a character from a famous TV show. Luckily, she had both followed that show, and took the "compliment" extremely well. Turns out, she's a current Cast Member!

We talked for the half-hour duration of the round, about all kinds of stuff, from Cast Members who "need to get their pixie dust back" and the occasions she's been "deployed" to other areas, to how she corrects people who say WDW is "the Happiest Place On Earth" when it's really "Where Dreams Come True," the time she watched her pre-release copy of Frozen thirty-two times before the street date, and even the question of, "Who's your dream Friend?" Mine? Flynn. Hers? Rapunzel.

259 had been to four previous auditions and gave me quite the overview on the process. It was great fun, dancing to the music, eavesdropping on other conversations, and cracking jokes with the admitted "troll," but when the numbers got called off, she got to stay, and I went home. I was an absolute idiot to not introduce myself and ask for her name. I think the Casting Director called her, "Caitlin," or "Kaitlin," but I don't have much else to go on. She had short, wavy blond hair, and a great sense of humor. She told me a story about a friend of hers that she was working with one time, who — as a guy — could have his costume jacket unbuttoned, and would keep flaring it in and out, commenting that he looked like a flasher. Ha! She said she works in Concession/Concierge, and constantly gets told she looks like Dakota Fanning and AnnaSophia Robb (which she totally does!), but had never been told she looked like who I mentioned.

Do any Cast Members here happen to know her? She was really enjoying our conversation, and I was too, but the actual cut happened so fast that I didn't realize how stupid I was until I got to my car. I know it's a long shot, but Disney brings out the dreamer in me…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom