Now that AK is a full day park, where's the best dinner option?

CrystalPalace

Original Poster
Now that AK is a full day park, where's the best dinner option? We will do Tusker House for breakfast but we'd like to do another table service for dinner. Has anyone had a great dinner experience at AK? (Also we have a Rainforest Cafe here in Dallas so I don't really want to do that either.) Thanks!

21stamps

Can't help bc Tusker House is the only TS restaurant that appeals to me at AK...and it's not an open to close park for me.
I am looking forward to QS options at Harambe Market though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Tiffins is top notch. They're basically re-creating the top restaurants of Animal Kingdom Lodge at Tiffins to stop people from leaving the park and going the the Lodge for dinner. Right now, Tiffins doesn't have the buzz that the AKL restaurants do, so, its relatively easy to get an ADR there.

Otterhead

Tiffins, absolutely. It's a little removed and less visible than other restaurants, but it's easily the best restaurant in DAK and one of the best restaurants on the Disney property. The Wagu steak entree is terrific as is any fish dish.

LeighM

Lunch/dinner at Tusker House is my favorite. Their breakfast is really good too but not my favorite. My husband sometimes like to break up the day at AK and go over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and have dinner at Sanaa.

Otterhead

When did AK become a full day park
It's easily a full day park. With the Safari, multiple wildlife trails, Everest, two great theater shows, lots of choices for great food, multiple spots to just stop and have a drink and relax, Tough to Be a Bug, Dino-Land, and the new evening stuff, there's more than enough to comfortably fill a day. The new Tree of Life projections were my happiest surprise on this trip.

disney4life2008

It's easily a full day park. With the Safari, multiple wildlife trails, Everest, two great theater shows, lots of choices for great food, multiple spots to just stop and have a drink and relax, Tough to Be a Bug, Dino-Land, and the new evening stuff, there's more than enough to comfortably fill a day. The new Tree of Life projections were my happiest surprise on this trip.

I am able to do all this and still be out in 5 to 7 hours

danyoung56

When did AK become a full day park :)

They started opening in evening hours in anticipation of the new Rivers of Light show. When that wasn't ready, they quickly threw together a Jungle Book show that ran over the summer. This show is gone now, but they're still doing evening projection shows on the Tree of Life. And they've added lighting to Kilimanjaro Safaris, making that an option in the evening.

21stamps

I am able to do all this and still be out in 5 to 7 hours

I'm planning on a 12:30/1ish-park close day-7pm...and hoping to do "everything". I think we are going to skip Tusker House this time bc we have a breakfast at Whispering Canyon that morning. We'll eat qs at Harambe Market. Do you guys think 6ish hours is enough time?

Otterhead

Do you guys think 6ish hours is enough time?
Absolutely, it really just depends on how much time you spend on things like the jungle trails or shows. AK is great because it's really a "set your own pace" sort of park. You can linger as long as you want watching tigers or bats or gorillas, or see the Nemo musical, have a cocktail at the Nomad Lounge, and spend a full day there. But if you're more of a ride kind of person, you can do Everest a bunch of times, ride Kali River Rapids, do the Safari, have a Dole Whip with rum in it, and call it a day.

21stamps

Absolutely, it really just depends on how much time you spend on things like the jungle trails or shows. AK is great because it's really a "set your own pace" sort of park. You can linger as long as you want watching tigers or bats or gorillas, or see the Nemo musical, have a cocktail at the Nomad Lounge, and spend a full day there. But if you're more of a ride kind of person, you can do Everest a bunch of times, ride Kali River Rapids, do the Safari, have a Dole Whip with rum in it, and call it a day.
Last year our AK day was 104 heat index. We did Kali Rivers 3 times, Everest a few times, the safari, Dinosaur once, and Tusker House, then left. Walked around a bit but didn't go back to Rafiki or ride the train- that is a must this time. Plus-- kiddo is now over 48" and can ride Primevil Whirl!!

I know that AK is not a "zoo", but- we are members of our awesome local Zoo and seeing "all" of the animals isn't the most important thing. I would like to see the Festival of the Lion King.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom