Novice CityWalker

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hello there! I am a novice to most things Universal including CityWalk but my wife and I were thinking of making a stop there before we head home on a Sunday. I am curious to see if it is similar to DS or different in any way. Any suggestions on what we should check out? Of the restaurants there, what would you recommend? Thanks so much in advance!

matt clark

Hello there! I am a novice to most things Universal including CityWalk but my wife and I were thinking of making a stop there before we head home on a Sunday. I am curious to see if it is similar to DS or different in any way. Any suggestions on what we should check out? Of the restaurants there, what would you recommend? Thanks so much in advance!

Im a huge fan of the NBC restaurant.
Toothsome COULD be open by then too.... the things i saw on the AP facebook page look INSANE.

its different from disney springs because there really isnt much in the way of high end shopping.
There are a few cool little shops, but its mostly just great restaurants.

danpam1024

If you are comparing it to DS, there is FAR less shopping- but that's a good thing. The restaurants are unique and fantastic (I personally don't care for Margaritaville, but I'm a minority-most people adore it). The mini golf is fun (better at night as it is lit up), theater is nice/clean, and the shops they do have are unique. The best part about CW is after dark- it's like Pleasure Island USED to be back in the day. It's a good place to throw back a few and have fun. There's a piano bar- Pat O'Brien's (I prefer Jellyrolls though), a karaoke bar-Rising Star-SO MUCH FUN, a few dance clubs, live music at Bob Marleys (very relaxed), and of course the sports bar. Hard Rock Cafe is always a good time (don't forget to check if anything good is at Hard Rock Live during your trip). And as others have mentioned, we are all impatiently awaiting Toothsome's opening.

On our way home from UOR, we always stop by DS for cupcakes :) Erin McKenna's Bakery is delicious <3

trr1

If you are comparing it to DS, there is FAR less shopping- but that's a good thing. The restaurants are unique and fantastic (I personally don't care for Margaritaville, but I'm a minority-most people adore it). The mini golf is fun (better at night as it is lit up), theater is nice/clean, and the shops they do have are unique. The best part about CW is after dark- it's like Pleasure Island USED to be back in the day. It's a good place to throw back a few and have fun. There's a piano bar- Pat O'Brien's (I prefer Jellyrolls though), a karaoke bar-Rising Star-SO MUCH FUN, a few dance clubs, live music at Bob Marleys (very relaxed), and of course the sports bar. Hard Rock Cafe is always a good time (don't forget to check if anything good is at Hard Rock Live during your trip). And as others have mentioned, we are all impatiently awaiting Toothsome's opening.

On our way home from UOR, we always stop by DS for cupcakes :) Erin McKenna's Bakery is delicious <3
Have you been to sprinkles yet? I hear they have wonderful cupcakes and a cupcake ATM

JoeCamel

I think the only thing lacking is a top comedy club. Add that and I am in CW all night.

danpam1024

Have you been to sprinkles yet? I hear they have wonderful cupcakes and a cupcake ATM
No, we did pass it and saw the ATM. It's in pretty poor taste IMO for DS to rent to another bakery feet from a long-time tennant. What can I say, I'm loyal to my baked goods :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom