November trip questions

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I'm thinking of a quick weekend trip to WDW as a surprise for my kids. I wanted it to be a surprise for the wife, but I need her input so I had to let the cat out of the bag for her.

I'm thinking of flying down to MCO, on 11/13, Saturday and Sunday going to MK and HS (for the osborne family lights.) and then flying home Monday.

Now here's my questions.
1. I understand that its not "lock" in seeing the family lights this year but building permits suggest that we'll see them - at least that's the rumor. Is 11/13 late enough in the month to actually see them (provided they're up) based on prior history?

2. Fall/Winter incentives. I see the all star sports is 175 per night and POR is 202. I'd much rather stay at the POR, what type of savings so we typically see in the fall? Since its a short weekend trip I lose out on the free meal plan.

3. I mentioned this in another thread but I think my plans are better fleshed out to see if there's any opinions on this. I was thinking of getting an Annual Pass for this and the following blow out April trip I have on the books. I have 2 days for this trip, and 7 days worth of park visits for the April trip. We don't usually do park hoppers but with the AP, we certainly could take advantage of that Saturday or Sunday. Plus we could also take a quick trip into a park Friday (our arrival day). Plus it may help us save some money on our Contemporary reservation in April. What's the break even/save money point with all the incentives. Is it worth the high initial expense for this?

Thanks in advance.

epcotisbest

I'm just gonna weigh in on one thing. If you are like us, the annual pass will not save you money. It, for us, cost a whole lot more because we kept going back, taking extra trips we would not have taken. We even stopped by for a night on the way somewhere else (beach trip), going way out of the way for a few hours at night and a couple of hours the next day before heading on, simply because we had the passes. Yep, annual pass cost us lots more in the long run. Of course, you are probably much more disciplined and fiscally responsible than me.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Of course, you are probably much more disciplined and fiscally responsible than me.
I don't know about that :p

I'm trying to run the numbers to see if everything lines up, i.e., explicit savings, and implicit such has using the park hopper (we usually don't get that option). TiW is another variation in how much money we spend.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We've been a couple times in November and Osborne Lights was always up and running at that point. The first night of Osborne Lights for the general public is usually the same night as the first MVMCP. A lot of people are saying we'll know more about them happening with whatever announcements are expected to be made at D23 next month.

As for incentives, we've usually gone with a room discount at that time. Lately, I've had to approach this with plan a, plan b, and plan c since what I want isn't always available with the discount. Ex. BW was one of our top options, but with F&W, there was nothing available at BW.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We've been a couple times in November and Osborne Lights was always up and running at that point. The first night of Osborne Lights for the general public is usually the same night as the first MVMCP. A lot of people are saying we'll know more about them happening with whatever announcements are expected to be made at D23 next month.

As for incentives, we've usually gone with a room discount at that time. Lately, I've had to approach this with plan a, plan b, and plan c since what I want isn't always available with the discount. Ex. BW was one of our top options, but with F&W, there was nothing available at BW.
Correct the Osborne Lights started on 11/7 last year and the first MVMCP was also on 11/7. We got to go to MNSSHP on 10/31 and then got to go to MVMCP on 11/7 and see the lights on 11/8 before the end of our 2014 trip. That was pretty cool to celebrate both holidays in one trip because usually we go during one or the other. :)

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

With the annual pass you have a few extra benefits such as 10% off at many gift shops, free parking, park hoping and the ability to buy the Tables in Wonderland card. As mentioned before it makes it easy to make a quick trip, and also a few attractions on the day of departure.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
I'm looking at a 2,500 to 3,000 trip if I pull the trigger. If I can find sub 1,000 airfare and WDW offers some incentives, i.e., 20% off rooms, I'll be that much more motivated to jump on this.

As for the Annual Pass. I priced out the park tickets, and meal savings (TiW) and I come up to 2,400 vs. spending 2,786. That is I'm 339 dollars in the hole if I go the AP route, unless I can uncover 300 dollars worth of savings - just to break even.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom